Finance for Project Managers - The Skills in a Day
If you're a project manager balancing all the aspects of running projects you will benefit from a thorough understanding of financial matters from commencement to final delivery of the project.
In just one day you will acquire critical finance skills with this course. The programme is practical and project-oriented and runs through the project lifecycle, highlighting the main financial aspects for consideration at each phase. This makes your learning easy to grasp and ensures it relates to your project environment and implementation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Robustly budget for and defend contingency costs, and evaluate and value risks,.
- Manage the project budget.
- Financially evaluate alternative project delivery solutions and methods.
- Understand the effects of change requests on your project’s financial performance.
- Communicate effectively with the finance team and senior management about your project’s performance.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for project managers who need an understanding of managing project budgets, delivering on time to budget, the financial impact of change requests, evaluating projects, valuing risk and robustly defending contingency budgets.
Training Course Content
Financial Evaluation of Projects
- Decision making techniques
- Evaluating alternative projects, or alternative solutions to a customer or business need
- Understanding how change requests impact on the planned financial returns of the project
Budgeting for your Project
- Budgeting tips
- Valuing risk and including contingencies in your budget
- Defending contingency costs to senior management or the finance team
Managing your Budget
- Understanding how senior management and the finance team review project performance
- Reporting slippage or over-runs and gaining support for recovery strategies
The cost of this course is £649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Finance for Project Managers - The Skills in a Day course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!