Finance for Senior Managers & Directors
Course participants will gain valuable insight into finance from the point of view of a director whose primary expertise is not financial, yet who is expected to participate in the financial direction and management of a business. In just two days this course will help you to understand how to maximise profitability by effective management of your company’s performance and asset base.
This course covers the financial terminology needed to communicate at board level and with key stakeholders. It also instills the key features of the corporate budgeting process and company accounts, it provides valuable insights into the strategic aspects of financial management enabling participants to hold their own in the boardroom and with senior colleagues.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand financial statements and financial terminology.
- Understand sources of risk and manage risk.
- Maximise profitability by effective management of your organisation's performance and asset base.
- Make better business decisions from evaluating financial data.
- Perform various project appraisal techniques.
- Interpret a set of statutory accounts using ratios.
- Understand the structure of groups and group accounting.
- Set appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Understand the difference between profit and cash.
- Perform company valuation calculations.
- Manage the politics surrounding budget setting and negotiation.
- Apply the balanced scorecard.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for executive directors, non-executive directors and senior managers close to board level who wish to participate in financial matters more effectively. It is suitable for those with little or no prior financial training.
Training Course Content
This course covers:
Refresher on Income Statement and Balance Sheet
- Compile an income statement and balance sheet
- Understand the terminology of the statements
- Understand common adjustments included
- Identify capital expenditure vs operational expenditure
- Debt vs equity
- Interpret a set of statutory accounts using ratios
- Understand the difference between profit and cash
- Maximise profitability by effective management of your company’s performance and asset base
- Make better business decisions from evaluating financial data
- Understand the structure of groups and group accounting
- Perform various project appraisal techniques
- Understand sources of risk and manage risk
- Perform company valuation calculations
- Manage the politics surrounding budget setting and negotiation
- Set appropriate KPIs
- Apply the balanced scorecard
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Finance for Senior Managers & Directors course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!