Handling Difficult People and Situations - In-House
Enable your organisation's members to effectively manage themselves and the difficult people and situations that they encounter in the workplace with this one-day in-company Handling Difficult People and Situations course.
The programme acts as a guide to dealing with all of the people involved in a difficult situation, both themselves and the other parties. Rather than just reacting to situations, this course will teach your employees some tips and tricks for being proactive when faced by challenging people and circumstances.
Participants in this in-house programme will finish it able to better understand other people’s behaviour and respond appropriately to it. They will be able to apply the skills they learn to their own situations and will be given a handy set of reference cards to remind them of key skills and techniques learned during the course when they are back on the job.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Handling Difficult People and Situations course is designed for organisations with employees looking to develop a more confident approach when dealing with difficult situations, as this course will provide the tools and techniques needed.
To gain the maximum benefit from the course, participants in your company will be sent a pre-course questionnaire to complete which asks them to consider current expectations. This will help set the context of the course and the information provided will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the training your employees will be able to:
- Understand the theory behind workplace behaviour
- Forge positive working relationships with difficult or uncooperative individuals
- Approach conflict situations with increased confidence in an appropriate and timely manner
- Adopt a confident, professional and appropriate style when faced with difficult people or situations
- Plan your personal strategy for dealing with difficult situations
Training Course Content
Course content can be tailored to your organisation and include:
Developing an Understanding of Behaviour
- Understand why people behave the way they do
- Emotional impact of behaviours – yours and theirs
- Encouraging others to change non-productive work behaviour styles
Forging Positive Working Relationships
- Adopting a positive approach to your relationships with others
- Creating an open and honest working environment through constructive feedback
Managing Difficult People
- Recognise negative and aggressive behaviour patterns
- Understand and manage the situation rather than the person
- Identifying and dealing with the underlying causes of difficult behaviour
Adopting a Confident, Professional and Appropriate Style
- Managing feedback on the impact of personal communication
- Recommendations to build a confident and professional approach
- A toolkit to be combined and adapted to suit your individual situation
Planning Your Personal Strategy
- Develop a personal application plan
Request information for a training quote
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Handling Difficult People and Situations - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!