Health and Safety at Work
Gain an essential overview of health and safety issues and current legislation by attending this one day training course in London.
In just one day, this course will give participants a foundation in current health and safety legislation and best practices. I will also show them some practical options for the most effective management health and safety in their workplace.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Health & Safety at Work course is designed for all staff responsible for, or needing to increase their awareness of health and safety at work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the health and safety requirements in the workplace for your organisation.
- Review health and safety policies in your organisation.
- Set up a structure for a safety management system.
- Put in place safety monitoring techniques.
- Put in place accident prevention techniques.
- Understand the detail of RIDDOR.
- Demonstrate an up-to-date understanding of health and safety legislation.
Training Course Content
Health and Safety Law
- UK legislation - Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated regulations
- Employers' and employees' legal responsibilities
- Duty of care
- Maximum penalties under the Act
- Civil law
Management of Health and Safety at Work
- Adopting a safety culture
- Safety management systems – the Plan, Do, Check, Act approach
- Principles of sensible risk management
- Carrying out a risk assessment
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992, as amended in 2002
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Health and Safety (First aid) Regulations 1981
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
Accident Prevention and Investigation
- Understanding accidents – changing attitudes and behaviours
- Principles of accident prevention
- Creating a safe working environment
- Principles of active and reactive monitoring
- Accident investigation and reporting
- Requirements under Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)
The cost of this course is £649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Health and Safety at Work course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!