Influencing & Persuading Skills with an Introduction to Negotiation
Influencing & Persuading for Managers with Introduction to Negotiation - 2-day course in London
Designed to enhance existing abilities in communicating ideas, messages and objectives, this course aims to help managers understanding the effect or impact they have on others.
The two-day programme is aimed at managers who are required to influence individuals, teams and departments and don’t always achieve their ideal outcome.
Managers attending this course will learn how to understand and develop their primary influencing and persuading style to enable them to communicate confidently and professionally without undermining your personal integrity.
Delegates will build a tool kit that will enable you to recognise other people's primary influencing and persuasion styles and how to adjust their style to move issues and situations forward without pushing, forcing or telling others what to do. From start to finish, this course is about the 'how to' approach and is focused on daily issues and problems we all face as a manager of a varied team.
The combination of group learning, feedback in a supportive environment and practical exercises, means that you will leave with a real sense of what you can personally achieve. You will also complete a comprehensive communication style questionnaire and the outputs will help you develop a priority list of your key skills and techniques as learned from the course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Fully understand your primary influence and persuasion style and how it impacts others.
- Develop a strategy that will assist when communicating with others to achieve your ideal outcome.
- Use enhanced persuasion skills to act as an opinion shaper amongst your colleagues.
- Develop a practical toolkit that will aid handling difficult people and situations.
- Understand and apply the core principles of negotiation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Influencing & Persuading course is designed for those who are frequently required to influence and negotiate with others, or are currently not achieving your ideal outcomes from negotiations/issues.
The primary focus is to recognise and develop influencing and persuading strategies that will enable you to be more effective whilst maintaining rapport with others. The concluding section of the course is an introduction to the core principles of negotiation to secure win/win results.
To gain the maximum benefit from the course, you will be sent a pre-course questionnaire to complete which asks you to consider current expectations. This will help you set the context of the course and the information you provide will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
Developing Your Communication Skills
- Defining communication and the communication process
- Your personal communication style
- Self-analysis and skills audit
Effective Interpersonal Communication
- Using non-verbal communication to strengthen your position
- Mirroring the recipients language to promote rapport
- Identifying and overcoming barriers to effective communication
Persuasive and Influential Communication
- Expressing your views, ideas and requests with confidence
- Gaining others’ agreement and commitment to change
- Using assertive behaviour
- Pull versus push
Communicating with Confidence
- Communicating effectively with senior colleagues
- Communicating difficult or sensitive messages
- Dealing with difficult people and situations - minimising conflict
An Introduction to Negotiation
- The core negotiation process when working with others in the workplace
- Pre-negotiation - preparation and planning
- Concluding the negotiation - securing a win/win result
- Preparing a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
The cost of this course is £999 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Influencing & Persuading Skills with an Introduction to Negotiation course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!