Introduction to Effective Project Management - In-House
An Introduction to Effective Project Management
This two-day in-house Introduction to Effective Project Management course gives members of your organisation the essential skills, tools and techniques that they need to provide support in different project management.
This courses is focused on conveying practical techniques that participants will be able to directly apply in your workplace. They will also be able to explore the fundamentals successful project management and be given some simple and effective tools and techniques that can be applied in your organisation and allow your employees to manage their projects with greater confidence and competence.
The terminology and principles used throughout this course are designed to reflect the current syllabus for the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Effective Project Management is beneficial to professionals in your organisation who are:
- New to the role of project manager and/or lack any formal training in the discipline of project management
- Looking to adopt a project approach to managing work or are setting up a Project Support Office
- On the first steps of achieving APMP accreditation
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
Course content can be tailored to your organisation and include:
What is a Project?
- Defining what we mean by project working and how it differs from the day job
- Determining a structured approach to managing projects - the project life cycle
- Understanding why projects fail - what to watch out for
Defining a Project
- Understanding the role of the project manager and other key stakeholders
- Appreciate the importance of team working within the project
- How to clearly define a project
- Setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
- Understanding what questions to ask
- Recognising the need for project governance
- Simple risk management tools and techniques available to avoid surprises
Planning a Project
- Exploring tools and techniques used in planning a project including Work Breakdown Structures, Gantt Charts, Network Diagrams and Critical Path Analysis
- Determine the key project documentation and data display methods used on a project
- Scheduling techniques to maximise limited resources
- How to make time and cost estimates more credible and realistic
- How to plan for identified risks
- Defining and delivering against agreed quality expectations
- Recognise the need for a change management process and version control in a project
Implementing a Project
- How to monitor, track and control activities
- What impact will changes have on the project?
- Determine corrective actions to ensure the project remains on track
- How to communicate the status of a project more effectively
Closing and Reviewing a Project
- Understanding the need for a controlled close to a project
- Measuring what actually happened against the plan
- Learning lessons - both positive and negative
- Closing down and moving on
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Effective Project Management - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!