Introduction to Purchasing & ProcurementHemsley Fraser
Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement
New to purchasing and procurement? This one-day workshop will get you up to speed on the best principles and best practices used in purchasing and procurement.
You will learn about the process of developing and agreeing to specifications for goods or services, and how to engage stakeholders as you do it. You will learn about a variety of the tools used in supplier selection and get a foundation in basics of the surrounding negotiations. You will cover how to manage suppliers and and review them to ensure high performance and continuous improvement.
Overall this workshop was created to give you a sold introduction to purchasing and procurement, understand the practices of organisations who are successful and how these practices can be applied to your own workplace. You will finish the day ready to contribute to purchasing projects in a professional way and to get greater value and performance from your suppliers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement course is suitable for those who are new to purchasing and procurement and want to improve their understanding of how to manage purchasing projects and suppliers.
Candidates should bring at least one example of a purchasing project or activity that they are currently undertaking, or have undertaken in the past. This can related to the purchasing of goods, services or both.
Training Course Content
Definitions of Purchasing and Procurement
- What we mean by purchasing and procurement
- What constitutes ‘best practice’ and why it matters
- The difference between goods and services
Specifications and Stakeholder Engagement
- What a good specification for goods and services looks like
- Essential vs ‘nice to have’
- The importance of defining quality and performance standards at an early stage
- Who needs to develop and contribute to the specification
- Important questions to ask when developing a specification
- How to research and prepare a list of suppliers
- Understanding EU procurement rules
- What RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, ITTs, framework agreements and e-auctions are, and how and when to use them
- Developing good selection criteria for choosing suppliers
An Introduction to Contract Terms and Conditions
- What is covered in terms and conditions
- Typical contract terms: force majeure, liquidated damages, express vs implied terms, conditions, warranties etc.
- How to ensure that your terms prevail
Supplier Management and Review
- Measuring supplier performance
- Preparing and running performance reviews
- Using a continuous improvement approach
Bringing it all back home
- Applying ‘best practice’ purchasing and procurement to your own situation
- Developing an action plan
The cost of this course is £649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!