Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement - In-House
Help your organisation's members get to grips with purchasing and procurement and strive towards best practice in purchasing projects with this Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement course.
The one-day programme is designed to provide members of your organisation with a solid overview of the processes related to:
- Developing specifications for goods or services with stakeholders
- Setting quality standards and performance criteria at an early stage
- Select the best purchasing approach and tools for any given situation
- Effectively managing Terms and Conditions as part of purchasing negotiations
- Employing simple but effective measures to get the best out of their suppliers
The workshop will provide your employees with an insight into best practice purchasing principles, as well as understanding of how to apply these to their own role & organisation to achieve greater value and performance from suppliers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement course is suitable for companies with employees who are new to purchasing and procurement and want to improve their understanding of how to manage purchasing projects and suppliers.
Employees participating in the training should bring at least one example of a purchasing project or activity that they are currently undertaking, or have undertaken in the past. This can related to the purchasing of goods, services or both.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will accrue 7 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers the following topics:
Definitions of Purchasing and Procurement
- What we mean by purchasing and procurement
- What constitutes ‘best practice’ and why it matters
- The difference between goods and services
Specifications and Stakeholder Engagement
- What a good specification for goods and services looks like
- Essential vs ‘nice to have’
- The importance of defining quality and performance standards at an early stage
- Who needs to develop and contribute to the specification
- Important questions to ask when developing a specification
- How to research and prepare a list of suppliers
- Understanding EU procurement rules
- What RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, ITTs, framework agreements and e-auctions are, and how and when to use them
- Developing good selection criteria for choosing suppliers
An Introduction to Contract Terms and Conditions
- What is covered in terms and conditions
- Typical contract terms: force majeure, liquidated damages, express vs implied terms, conditions, warranties etc.
- How to ensure that your terms prevail
Supplier Management and Review
- Measuring supplier performance
- Preparing and running performance reviews
- Using a continuous improvement approach
Bringing it all back home
- Applying ‘best practice’ purchasing and procurement to your own situation
- Developing an action plan
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!