Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement - In-House
Help your organisation's members get to grips with purchasing and procurement and strive towards best practice in purchasing projects with this Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement course.
This one-day in-house programme is designed to provide members of your organisation with a solid overview of the processes of developing and agreeing to specifications for goods or services, and how to engage stakeholders as you do it. They will learn about a variety of the tools used in supplier selection and get a foundation in basics of the surrounding negotiations. They will cover how to manage suppliers and review them to ensure high performance and continuous improvement.
Overall this workshop was created to give a solid introduction to purchasing and procurement, understand the practices of organisations who are successful and how these practices can be applied to their own workplace.
They will finish the day ready to contribute to purchasing projects in a professional way and to get greater value and performance from your suppliers.
The session is delivered on your company premises, allowing your employees to assimilate knowledge and skills in a familiar environment, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for companies with employees who are new to purchasing and procurement and want to improve their understanding of how to manage purchasing projects and suppliers.
Employees participating in the training should bring at least one example of a purchasing project or activity that they are currently undertaking, or have undertaken in the past. This can related to the purchasing of goods, services or both.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:-
- Explain the elements of best practice purchasing and procurement – what good practice looks like.
- Develop specifications for goods or services with stakeholders, with increased confidence and accuracy.
- Identify quality standards and performance criteria at an early stage.
- Choose the best purchasing approach and tools to use for a particular situation.
- Manage terms and conditions effectively as part of a purchasing negotiation.
- Use simple and effective processes and measures to get the best out of your chosen suppliers.
- Apply best practice principles to the needs of your own organisation and job role.
They will accrue 7 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers the following topics:-
Definitions of Purchasing and Procurement
- What we mean by purchasing and procurement
- What constitutes ‘best practice’ and why it matters
- The difference between goods and services
Specifications and Stakeholder Engagement
- What a good specification for goods and services looks like
- Essential vs ‘nice to have’
- The importance of defining quality and performance standards at an early stage
- Who needs to develop and contribute to the specification
- Important questions to ask when developing a specification
- How to research and prepare a list of suppliers
- Understanding EU procurement rules
- What RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, ITTs, framework agreements and e-auctions are, and how and when to use them
- Developing good selection criteria for choosing suppliers
An Introduction to Contract Terms and Conditions
- What is covered in terms and conditions
- Typical contract terms: force majeure, liquidated damages, express vs implied terms, conditions, warranties etc.
- How to ensure that your terms prevail
Supplier Management and Review
- Measuring supplier performance
- Preparing and running performance reviews
- Using a continuous improvement approach
Bringing it all back home
- Applying ‘best practice’ purchasing and procurement to your own situation
- Developing an action plan
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Purchasing & Procurement - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
295 GBP-395 GBP