Managing and Developing Key Accounts - In-House
This in-house course is designed to safeguard your organisation's future success by equipping your sales people with the key skills necessary to maximise the potential of the business' key accounts.
The two-day programme is delivered in-house and explores the key skills needed to successfully manage and maintain key accounts, including:
- Relationship management
- Strategic planning
A range of practical exercises will ensure that all delegates actively participate in the session, consolidating their skills and gaining confidence in using the techniques covered. In addition, they will be encouraged to build a personal action plan to follow in their day-to-day Key Account Management (KAM) work.
The session is delivered on your company premises, allowing your employees to assimilate knowledge and skills in a familiar environment, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This two-day programme has been designed for sales people who are moving towards a more strategic approach to business development, taking on responsibility for expanding business with high potential accounts as well as further developing and securing important long-term partnerships.
This course focuses on a planned, systematic approach to account management building upon and extending the required soft skills and rapport building techniques needed to maximise business. This is an account management course which assumes that sales skills are already in place.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:-
- Accurately identify those high return on investment opportunities that require and deserve special attention.
- Apply a systematic approach to producing sustainable, long term uplift with selected accounts.
- Create intimacy and move up to trusted advisor status through an understanding of the client’s business and marketplace.
- Build joint development plans and strategies with senior stakeholders.
- Improve the depth and breadth of contacts at all levels within the client, manage and control those relationships.
- More effectively motivate and influence other departments within your own company in order to deliver on ambitious growth targets with your accounts.
- Create and communicate SMART plans to ensure short, medium and long term targets are delivered.
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:-
Defining the role
- Selling and account management - the difference.
- Roles and responsibilities of a KAM.
- Knowledge, skills and attitudes required to be an effective KAM.
Defining a “Key Account”
- Creating objective criteria and supporting metrics for defining both existing and potential key accounts in your business.
- Investment versus return – getting your priorities right.
- Being clear about the potential from your account.
Research and Analysis
- Understanding what you need to know in order to maximise business with that account.
- How to access vital customer and market intelligence.
- Assessing your strengths, weaknesses and unique advantages.
- Assessing the customer – SWOT analysis.
- Understanding the organisational structure of your account.
- Identifying all the influencers and decision makers.
- Influencing and negotiating with all the stakeholders.
- Developing Product, Market, Contact, Review and Competitor Strategies for your Key Account
- Long-term planning and forecasting of the Key Account
- Longer buying cycles and their impact on your sales strategy
- Recognising threats and dealing with them
- Setting specific goals and objectives for each meeting
- Developing and maintaining key accounts in tough market conditions
- Creating SMART plans.
From Relationship to Partnership
- Client-centred selling - focusing on the client’s real needs
- How and when to adapt your style
- Productive meetings and how to achieve them
- Strengthening the relationship through regular contact: how to conclude business with the wide range of contacts you will meet
- Creating flexibility in your approach using different communication styles
- Alliances across an organisation to maintain preferred supplier status
- Understanding buyers' needs and objectives
Developing a Personal Development Plan
- Assessing your actions for future development
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Managing and Developing Key Accounts - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!