Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Minute Taking Made Simple
Minute Taking Made Simple
This one-day course will make minute taking a breeze. You will learn some simple yet incredibly effective techniques that put you in total control, help you get to the heart of the meeting and leave you confident that you’ve covered everything.
The ability level of a minute taker is key in ensuring that meetings are productive. Because your skills as a minute taker are so important, you need to feel fully confident in your competence. During the course, they training will introduce you to a step-by-step approach to taking effective minutes including different templates that will assist you in producing well-structured agendas and take efficient notes. After learning the steps and theories, you will take part in practical exercises to put the ideas into practice and ensure that you feel confident doing so.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Minute Taking Made Simple course is designed for anyone who needs the confidence and skills to produce accurate minutes.
You may want to bring a sample of minutes you have produced to review and refer to on the day. You will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire which will help the trainer to focus on individual needs.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Save valuable time and gain confidence in your role as minute taker
- Work in partnership effectively with the chair and colleagues when preparing the agenda, meeting papers and minutes
- Recognise your own barriers to active listening – and overcome them – to help maintain concentration and capture key points
- Try out new, tried and tested note-taking techniques
- Pick out key points from discussions
- Ultimately produce a clear, concise set of minutes
Training Course Content
Before the Meeting Guidance on How to Set up a Meeting
- The importance of a structured agenda to guide people through a meeting
- The minute-taker and the chair – working in partnership
The Difference Between Hearing and Actively Listening
- Maintaining concentration when interest is fading
- Tips to overcome personal barriers to listening
Note-Taking – There is More than One Way
- Different ways to take notes in different situations
- What information is not necessary to note?
- Do the action points stand out with time-frames and those responsible?
The Final Stages
- Making sense of the notes – immediately after the meeting is the language used ‘reader-friendly’?
- The need to make the minutes visually appealing
- Formatting and structuring the minutes for clarity and professionalism
- Checking for accuracy – facts, grammar and punctuation
- Have the minutes achieved their purpose?
- Creating your personal action plan for the future
The cost of this course is £569 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Minute Taking Made Simple course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!