People Management Skills for ManagersHemsley Fraser
People Management Skills for Managers
This two-day course will familiarise managers with a set of people management techniques that are proven to be effective and directly applicable to the workplace. Participants will learn how to channel the energy and raise motivation of individuals within their teams.
The course combines proven leadership techniques with practical real-world advice and individual insights will show you how closely your personal leadership is linked to the performance of others.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This People Management Skills for Managers course is designed for experienced managers and senior supervisors with more than two years’ experience of managing people but who have received little or no formal training.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Define their role and responsibilities and assess how their personal style impacts on individuals
- Project a more self-confident and professional managerial image
- Build a cohesive team that works together to achieve objectives
- Recognise and work with the diversity in their team
- Delegate tasks to the benefit of individuals
- Communicate confidently and positively with team members and senior colleagues
- Motivate and develop individuals within their team
- Deal with people problems quickly, confidently and professionally
Training Course Content
Putting Your Role into an Organisational Context
- Reviewing your role and responsibilities
- Recognising the key leadership styles
- The impact of style on your team
- Management and leadership – the difference
People Management, Team Development and Delegation
- Leading a team to perform
- Recognising and appreciating the diversity of work relationships
- Re-assessing the strengths and development areas of the team
- Review of essential delegation skills
Motivating the Team
- Setting goals for individual development and organisational growth
- Encouraging positive input from the individual
- Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
Creative Problem Solving and Managing Difficult People
- Tools for generating and choosing the right solutions to tricky problems
- Conflict situations - how to resolve them
- Strategies for dealing with difficult people
Priority, Plans and Performance - Organisation is the Key
- Identifying key result areas
- How to manage and classify priorities to enhance levels of performance
- Developing effective team strategies
- Planning ahead - creating an action plan
- Engage with key stakeholders to improve performance
- Influencing and persuading across your organisational network
- Overcoming objections and resistance
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this People Management Skills for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!