People Management Skills for New Supervisors and Team Leaders - The Role, The Team and The Individual - In House
Stepping into management can be a daunting prospect for many new leaders, making it difficult for them to perform their roles effectively.
This People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team Leaders programme is designed precisely to give inexperienced team leaders and supervisors in your organisation the confidence needed to make a positive contribution in their new roles. Using real life examples, the in-company programme is designed to motivate leaders and equip them with a concrete set of people management skills and tools to apply in the workplace. By the end of the programme, they will thus have a clear idea of the steps they can take to motivate their teams, enhance performance, communicate effectively and ensure that both personal and team goals are met.
The in-house training format will deliver this knowledge in a highly effective manner, ensuring that skills and behaviours are developed (and adapted) quickly and with measurable results. The session is typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team Leaders in-company course is suitable for supervisors, team and section leaders who are new to their role and/or have no formal people management training.
Training Course Content
Course content typically includes:
Defining Your Role and Responsibilities
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
- Meet new challenges and changes with confidence
- Meet the demands of your manager and team
- Work with your manager to achieve your goals
- Establish your personal leadership style
People Management, Team Development and Delegation
- Set personal and team objectives
- Build a positive and successful team
- Recognise strengths and develop individuals' potential
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Overcome the barriers to effective delegation
Motivating the Team
- Maximise and maintain input and motivation - build the desire for results
- Provide recognition and feedback
- Motivate to achieve maximum performance
- Link individual effort to team and organisational goals
- Overcome barriers - ensure your communications get results
- Assess and listen to your team’s needs
- Communicate more assertively in team meetings
- Define feedback and how to give constructive feedback
Overcome People Problems and Difficult Situations
- Deal with difficult people and situations - working towards positive conclusions
- Supervise people you used to work alongside
- Understand the decision-making process
- A six-step technique to problem solving
Improve Team Performance
- Prioritise and plan for yourself and others
- Respond to poor performance
- Develop effective strategies for yourself and your team
- Prepare and develop a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this People Management Skills for New Supervisors and Team Leaders - The Role, The Team and The Individual - In House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!