People Management Skills for New Supervisors and Team Leaders - The Role, The Team and The Individual - In House
Stepping into management can be a daunting prospect for many new leaders, making it difficult for them to perform their roles effectively.
This course is designed precisely to give inexperienced team leaders, supervisors and line managers in your organisation the confidence needed to make a positive contribution in their new roles. Using real life examples, the in-house programme is designed to motivate leaders and equip them with a concrete set of people management skills and tools to apply in the workplace.
By the end of the programme, they will thus have a clear idea of the steps they can take to motivate their teams, enhance performance, communicate effectively and ensure that both personal and team goals are met.
The in-house training format will deliver this knowledge in a highly effective manner, ensuring that skills and behaviours are developed (and adapted) quickly and with measurable results.
The session is typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house course is suitable for supervisors, team leaders and line managers who are new to their role and/or have no formal people management training.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:
- Develop key people skills to ensure success in your management role.
- Enhance the performance of your team to deliver results.
- Set and reach both personal and team objectives using delegation and time management skills.
- Understand how to overcome barriers to communication.
- Motivate, manage and lead your team and individuals to meet objectives.
- Help the individuals in your team solve problems which lead to underperformance.
- Handle difficult situations and people using empathy and constructive feedback.
- Practise the skills of active listening and effective questioning.
- Deal more effectively and confidently with difficult behaviours and situations
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:
Defining Your Role and Responsibilities
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
- Meet new challenges and changes with confidence
- Meet the demands of your manager and team
- Establish your personal leadership style
- Build trust thanks to a caring and competent behaviour
People Management, Team Development
- Set personal and team objectives considering the business / balanced scorecard
- Measure and monitor progress towards strategic targets
- Understand the decision-making process
- Build a positive and successful team
- Recognise strengths and develop individuals' potential
Delegation and Time Management
- Plan your workload to help you achieve your overall objectives
- Make time for the most important tasks
- Prioritise and plan for yourself and others
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Overcome the barriers to effective delegation
Motivating the Team
- Maximise and maintain input and motivation – build the desire for results
- Provide recognition and feedback
- Motivate to achieve maximum performance
- Link individual effort to team and organisational goals
- The 3 Rs of motivation
- Identify your preferred communication style
- Overcome barriers – ensure your communications get results
- Listening and questioning skills to help assess your team’s needs
- Learn how to interact with others in the most effective way
- Define feedback and how to give constructive feedback
Improve Team Performance and Overcome People Problems
- Respond to poor performance
- Develop effective strategies for yourself and your team
- Deal with difficult people and situations – working towards positive conclusions
- Prepare and develop a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this People Management Skills for New Supervisors and Team Leaders - The Role, The Team and The Individual - In House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!