People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team LeadersHemsley Fraser
People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team Leaders
This People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team Leaders course is a quick and comprehensive way for newcomers to management and team-leading to get the skills that they need to succeed.
Before starting the course, participants will complete pre-course work that will let Hemsley Fraser know a bit more about them so that the course material can be linked to their real life work experiences. This will in turn ensure they return to work feeling confident in their skills and motivated to make a positive impact in their new role. To assist with this, they leave the course with a personal post-course action plan to implement.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team Leaders course is designed for supervisors, team and section leaders who are new to their role or who have had no previous training in the basics of people management.
To gain the maximum benefit from the course, you will be sent a pre-course questionnaire to complete which asks you to consider current expectations. This will help you set the context of the course and the information you provide will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Delegates can choose to take a post-course assessment and gain the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management.
Training Course Content
Defining Your Role and Responsibilities
- What is required of you? - role and responsibilities
- Meet new challenges and changes with confidence
- Meet the demands of your manager and team
- Work with your manager to achieve your goals
- Establish your personal leadership style
People Management, Team Development and Delegation
- Set personal and team objectives
- Build a positive and successful team
- Recognise strengths and develop individuals' potential
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Overcome the barriers to effective delegation
Motivating the Team
- Maximise and maintain input and motivation - build the desire for results
- Provide recognition and feedback
- Motivate to achieve maximum performance
- Link individual effort to team and organisational goals
- Overcome barriers - ensure your communications get results
- Assess and listen to your team’s needs
- Communicate more assertively in team meetings
- Define feedback and how to give constructive feedback
Overcome People Problems and Difficult Situations
- Deal with difficult people and situations - working towards positive conclusions
- Supervise people you used to work alongside
- Understand the decision-making process
- A six step technique to problem solving
Improve Team Performance
- Prioritise and plan for yourself and others
- Respond to poor performance
- Develop effective strategies for yourself and your team
- Prepare and develop a personal action plan to support your return to the workplace
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this People Management Skills for New Supervisors & Team Leaders course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!