Performance Management Get the Best out of Your Team
This practical two day course will provide first line managers and supervisors with the essential skills and knowledge to manage and motivate other people to achieve their best performance.
You will explore the link between high performing individuals, teams and their business, as well as developing your skills in delivering feedback, handling difficult or demotivated people and celebrating success.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for line managers who have performance coach responsibilities (evaluating and managing others’ work) and need to help people achieve their potential.
You will be asked to think about the way appraisals and performance is currently handled in your workplace, what you like and dislike and specific situations you would like to discuss on the training course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:-
- Understand the link between effective performance management and business results
- Monitor and measure performance against agreed goals
- Run regular appraisal meetings to encourage staff to reach agreed goals and pick up any development opportunities
- Confidently deal with difficult performance issues positively for all involved
- Recognise when to give formal and informal motivational feedback
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
Defining Performance Management
- What is performance management?
- The manager’s role in performance management
- Contributing factors to performance and benefits of performance management
Setting Clear Expectations and Objectives
- Setting clear expectations
- Cascading objectives so they are familiar to the team
- Using SMARTER criteria
- Creating consistent task and behavioural objectives
- Understanding the stress curve
Managing and Motivating for Individual Performance
- Identifying your preferred style
- Flexing your personal leadership style to get the most from each individual
- Practical approaches for managing a variety of performance levels in the team
Improving and Developing Performance
- Identifying performance gaps
- Spotting coaching opportunities for improvement
- Celebrating success with regular praise
- Monitoring and evaluating performance
- Applying GDPR principles to gathering and storing performance data
- Providing motivational feedback using the seven step feedback planner
- Structuring the performance review and appraisal conversation
- The performance improvement cycle
Managing Poor Performers
- Identifying the likely causes of performance problems
- Solving performance problems – the performance improvement plan
- Using performance improvement plans
Discipline and Grievance
- Handling discipline – an overview of the procedure
- The disciplinary hearing, penalty, appeals
- A four-step approach to grievance resolution
- Sources of help and ACAS
Review and Close
- Formulating an action plan
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Performance Management Get the Best out of Your Team course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams