Professional Written Communication
Professional Written Communication
Make sure your writing skills are credible by attending this Professional Written Communication course. In just two days this course will provide you with immediate and practical guidance on how to communicate effectively and professionally in writing.
The course helps participants establish their credibility with professional and well written communication by effectively going through planning to grammar, tone, style and final proofreading. Participants will quickly develop their confidence and skill in writing emails, letters and memos.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Professional Written Communication course is suitable for those who need to reduce the time taken to write professional, accurate documents and be confident in doing so.
It would be beneficial to bring along examples of your written work. You can then review them throughout the course and edit if appropriate. To help the trainer focus on your specific needs, you will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Successfully plan and construct your documents
- Ensure that the reader's needs are met. Be confident that your message is not lost
- Overcome the ‘blank screen/page syndrome' and reduce the time it takes to write
- Choose the style appropriate to your reader and situation
- Avoid common mistakes that impact on your professional image
- Build successful sentences and paragraphs – using punctuation that guides your reader
- Use a checklist to help proofread the final document
Training Course Content
The Perils and Pitfalls of Business Writing
- Current thinking regarding business grammar
- Tips to ensure we avoid grammatical errors
- Constructing sentences and paragraphs – with appropriate punctuation to create rhythm and flow
- What is ‘business language’?
- How jargon, slang and clichés can get in the way of understanding
- Can ‘action words’ gain results?
- Tailoring our message to the reader’s needs
- Is the reader clear as to WHY we are writing?
- How we can professionally
- deal with complaints
- give information
- get a result
- persuade our reader
- Creating an impact and keeping our reader ‘with us’ until the final sentence
Preparation and Structure
- Relevant information that helps to achieve the objective
- Using T.I.P.E. as a basis on which to build
- The need to present your information in an organised, logical sequence
How am I ‘Coming Across’ to my Reader?
- Is my style ‘reader-friendly’?
- Using ‘punchy’ openings to gain interest
- Positive or compelling endings to ensure results
- The barriers to an effective, professional style
- Expanding your vocabulary to avoid repetition - keeping your writing ‘alive’
- Is my tone persuasive and assertive?
The Final Stage
- Avoid wasting time re-writing: proofread and edit your writing
- A checklist and structured approach to help find those errors in your final draft
- Creating your personal action plan for the future
The cost of this course is £999 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Professional Written Communication course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!