Promoting your Expertise as an Internal Consultant
Promoting your Expertise as an Internal Consultant
If you're a technical or professional specialist this exciting two-day course will equip you with the skills needed to become a highly successful internal consultant in your company. The two-day programme is designed to deliver practical skills and knowledge that will raise your personal profile and prepare you to deliver high-quality proposals and solutions to business clients. Essentially, you will be prepared to become an internal consultant for your company.
The course is taught in an interactive format and is intended to raise your self-awareness and ability to influence, persuade and negotiate. You will also build confidence confidence in your skills to provide value in a complex and changing world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Promoting your Expertise as an Internal Consultant course is suitable for experienced professionals working in specialised/technical functions such as projects, IT, finance, or marketing; in charge of processes but with little line management responsibilities.
They should have the ability and opportunity to make a significant contribution to the strategic aims and direction of an organisation and an interest in knowing how to make their expertise count more.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Analyse the service or market place in which you operate and clearly demonstrate the strategic alignment of your assignments and projects to the corporate aims of your organisation
- Achieve business focused outcomes through strategic influencing, persuasion and negotiation
- Drive and manage change initiatives through a clear understanding of the consultancy cycle and change management processes
- Develop an engaging and flexible consultative style which can be applied to a range of situations including complex matrixes and international contexts
- Improve the quality of your own interpersonal skills through greater self-awareness and personal impact
- Apply a tool kit of communication tools, develop action plans and proposals for business improvement and development
- Create your own professional development plan to sharpen your skills and capabilities
Training Course Content
Strategic Management Perspectives
- Introduce a range of strategic analytical tools
- Strategic thinking skills for conducting an analyse of the service or market place.
- Produce a framework for developing and presenting, business plans and the business case
- Demonstrate strategic alignment and fit of own assignments to corporate aims of the organisation.
- Organisational culture and its impact on change initiatives
Change Management Strategies
- Organisational imperative of change and the link to project management and assignment delivery
- Strategic change drivers and the essential elements of change
- Change models and the underpinning processes
- Skills needed to drive and manage change initiatives
- The role of change agent
People Engagement Strategies
- Understand the role of politics in organisational culture
- Political awareness and sensitivity
- Strategic influencing model applied to specific organisational context
- Raising the standard of negotiation, persuasion and influencing
- Improve ability to reach win/win outcomes through influence and persuasion rather than line management authority
Personal Style Analysis
- Diagnosing interpersonal style and impact
- Consider the appropriateness of own personal style on the outcome of projects and assignments
- Develop a range of communication tools which give flexibility to interpersonal style
- Adapting your style to different situations
- Gaining commitment and buy in to change and dealing with resistance
- Encouraging change, creativity and innovation
- Developing a consultancy approach
- Skills of the effective internal consultant, listening, questioning, body language
- Modelling and practising the consultancy cycle
- Adapting your style to different situations and contexts
- Practical experience and feedback on performance
The cost of this course is £999 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Promoting your Expertise as an Internal Consultant course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!