Stepping Up to Senior ManagementHemsley Fraser
Stepping Up to Senior Management
Take your management skills to a new level with this exciting, thought-provoking Stepping Up to Senior Management course. In just two days this course will help you to understand what makes people successful and how you achieve success.
This intensive two-day programme is designed to enable a productive and progressive transition to strategic leadership. You will analyse and deconstruct organisations and your personal working style to develop a fresh approach to leadership success.
A senior leadership style diagnostic profile is used as one of the techniques to help construct a tailored leadership development plan during the course. This is coupled with group and individual feedback, challenging exercises and practical strategy tools will leave you ready to run the workplace on your return.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Stepping Up to Senior Management course is suitable for those new to senior management, or who wish to expand and consolidate their skills in a senior role.
You will complete a pre-course questionnaire before attendance to enable 'in the moment' tailoring of course materials. Also there are short evening activities to complete between day one and two.
Training Course Content
Making the Change to Senior Management
- The challenges and opportunities facing new senior managers
- Taking the organisational perspective
- Changes in the business environment
- Your organisation and the business environment
- Your role in relation to your organisation’s objectives as a whole
- Working with and understanding the power and influence of stakeholders
- Dealing with uncertainty and complexity
- Working and influencing across the organisation
- Long term business planning - taking a longer term perspective
- Developing a broader outlook - changing mindset
- Adapting and developing new skills to manage process changes
- How to transform business processes for sustained competitive advantage
- Understanding the fundamental differences between radical transformation and continuous improvement
- The key principles and concepts of process transformation
- A strategic view of performance management
- Managing performance and setting objectives in relation to the organisation as a whole
- Managing other managers: the new skills this role demands
- Adapting existing leadership skills into a more empowered and creative approach to leadership
- Creating an effective people management strategy
- Directing versus managing people
- Acquiring or refreshing your coaching skills to bring out the best in others
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Stepping Up to Senior Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!