Successful Delegation for Efficient & Motivated TeamsHemsley Fraser
Successful Delegation for Efficient & Motivated Teams
The ability to let go of tasks and delegate them to team members can be one of the most difficult of your managerial responsibilities. While it is tempting to just do it yourself as you may feel that you will do a better and quicker job, saving the time it would take to explain the task - this can lead to disaster.
Choosing not to delegate will gradually overwhelm you and tasks will become half-finished or poorly executed and your team will lose motivation without the engagement of taking on more responsibility.
Get the confidence to let go of tasks with this one-day course which will deliver the skills you need to use delegation as a motivational tool that will increase performance.
You will be able to:
- Improve efficiency and productivity through effective, planned and intelligent delegation.
- Improve your ability to delegate demanding tasks by accurately assessing the training and development needs of staff and implementing cost effective solutions.
- Utilise your delegation style to recognise the tasks that can and can’t be delegated in accordance with the strengths and weaknesses of the team.
- Ensure that new working arrangements improve work quality and output.
- Ensure you and all your staff remain motivated, contributing skills and developing new ones to complete activities and projects successfully.
- Assess the risks of delegation accurately and plan for all consequences.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for managers, supervisors and team leaders who need to boost their delegation skills to improve the efficiency of their teams.
Training Course Content
This course will cover the following content:
Introduction to Delegation
- Why delegate?
- What does delegation mean?
- What cannot be delegated and why?
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Delegation
- The difference between delegation and ‘dumping’
- What happens when delegation goes wrong
Delegation at Work – a Practical Approach
- Delegating tasks to your team – a planned approach
- Setting targets and measuring performance
- Evaluating the effectiveness of your delegation style
Breaking Down the Barriers to Delegation
- Matching your delegation style to suit individuals
- Learning how to trust and give respect
- Understanding delegates’ expectations
- Maintaining team member’s self-esteem; the delegation process
Where Do You and Your Staff Want to Be?
- Developing your staff and yourself in tandem
- The benefits of smart delegation decisions
- Planning - the map to your destination
Delegation and Team Efficiency
- Monitoring your team’s time effectiveness
- Time as currency - spend it wisely, spend it well
- Benefits of delegation for the manager
- What can you do immediately on return to the workplace?
- How to use your personal wealth of skills and experience to foster sincerity and increase confidence
The cost of this course is £649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Successful Delegation for Efficient & Motivated Teams course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!