Supplier & Contract Management - In-House
Delivered in-house, this course is designed to give your employees a range of useful tools and techniques to help them manage suppliers and make sure that they deliver the agreed upon levels of service.
Run over two days, the practical programme takes an in-depth look at contract compliance, but also goes further to outline ways in which participants can build and improve business partnerships.
The session is delivered on your company premises, allowing your employees to assimilate knowledge and skills in a familiar environment, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house course is beneficial to purchasing professionals at different levels of experience. If you are involved in the management and monitoring of suppliers then this workshop will provide you with useful tools and information.
It will draw upon participants’ experiences of good and bad supplier management, as well as using expert trainer input from trainers with experience of being suppliers and contract managers.
You will be asked to bring at least one example of an existing supplier relationship that you are actively involved in. This could involve supplies of goods, services or both.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:
- Understand and construct simple and effective processes for supplier governance and relationship management.
- Recognise and use the stages of the contract management cycle.
- Use the most appropriate hard and soft performance measures with your suppliers.
- Spot common problems and pitfalls in contract and supplier management and employ effective strategies for dealing with them.
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
Understanding the Stages of Effective Contract and Supplier Management
- Defining contract and supplier management
- The contract management cycle
- Communicating and managing the relationship
The Importance of Relationship Management
- Relationship management styles
- The ‘building blocks’ of an effective supplier relationship
- Practical exercise on relationship management
Common Problems and Pitfalls
- The most common problems and how to spot them
- Managing changes and avoiding Scope Creep
- Strategies for dealing with common problems
- Dispute Resolution
Risks to Effective Contract Delivery
- Identifying risks and their impact/probability
- Managing and mitigating risks
- Risk Management activity
Measuring Supplier Performance
- Common performance measures
- Using Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Soft measures of performance – satisfaction and attitude
- Choosing the right measure for the situation
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Supplier & Contract Management - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
295 GBP-395 GBP
1,200 GBP-3,629 GBP