The Essential Office Professional - Professional Skills for Administrators, Secretaries & Support Staff
Professional Skills for Administrators, Secretaries & Support Staff
This course is very practical and popular as it quickly imparts the crucial knowledge and skills that empower the new and growing administrator, secretary, or support staff member to enhance their addition to managers, teams, and the organisation.
This course demonstrates how to plan and coordinate the office effectively, foster self-assured communication skills and become a self-starting contributor to successfully reaching the organisation’s goals. You will leave, equipped by this course with practical tools and a list of tips and recommended further reading.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed towards newly appointed administrators and secretaries.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
When you leave this course you will be able to:
- Develop skills and make a greater contribution to your team.
- Become more proactive.
- Communicate confidently and effectively with your manager, colleagues and other departments.
- Deal with the difficulties and pressures of working for more than one person.
- Plan, organise and manage your time more effectively.
- Apply top tips for writing emails and letters.
Training Course Content
Supporting Your Manager/Department/Team
- How you and your manager can work together to build a team
- Balancing the demands of more than one manager
- Prioritising your workload, being flexible when priorities change
Communicating Confidently and Positively
- Communicating face-to-face with confidence
- Projecting a confident and professional image
- Effective listening skills
Organisation and Time Management
- Establishing effective procedures - organising diaries and follow up
- Managing your time effectively - avoiding ‘time stealers’
- Organising meetings - key tips
- Saving time using email
Writing Clearly and Concisely
- Writing on behalf of others
- Avoiding common mistakes
- Planning and writing emails
- Formulating an action plan
The cost of this course is £569 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this The Essential Office Professional - Professional Skills for Administrators, Secretaries & Support Staff course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.