The Manager's Development Programme
This three-day course utilises case studies, psychometric tools, group discussions, role playing, and management games to challenge managers current management practices in an engaging and interactive manner.
You will leave this course with the knowledge and tools you need to deliver improved results when you return to work.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify your personal leadership style and understand the impact it has on those around you
- Know how to adapt your leadership style to the needs of the people you manage
- Lead and manage change successfully, within the business, dealing with resistance along the way
- Manage and organise your resources effectively to achieve business results
- Deal with conflict in the workplace in a positive and constructive manner
- Develop the performance of those around you through coaching and feedback
- Deal with poor performers
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Manager's Development Programme is designed for middle managers who are responsible for the performance of other managers/team leaders and who run a business unit or department.
Training Course Content
Personal Leadership Style
- The relationship between leading and managing
- Receiving feedback on your personal leadership style
- Analysing your personal leadership style
- Exploring self-perception and how others perceive you
- The impact of your style on those you manage
- Practical and applicable leadership models/tools
- Identifying your personal strengths and areas for development
- Initiating and leading change - your role as a manager and a champion
- Organisational culture and its impact on change initiatives
- Communicating change and delivering difficult messages
- Managing change on a day-to-day basis - plans into action
- Linking change to the business strategy
- Gaining commitment to the change and dealing with resistance
- Encouraging change, creativity and innovation
- Planning, organising and utilising resources
- Monitoring and controlling resources
- Effective delegation when under time and priority pressure(s)
Managing the Performance of Others through Coaching and Feedback
- Aligning performance to the organisational vision
- Setting clear performance expectations
- Coaching techniques to create high performers
- Creating the environment and opportunities for others to grow
- Identifying the potential in others and creating a structured development plan
- Providing motivational feedback and praise
- Establishing a positive working environment
- Aligning personal and corporate values
- Identifying your personal conflict handling style
- Adapting your style to different situations
- Practical techniques for dealing with conflict and difficult people
Challenging & Dealing with Under-Performance
- Defining under-performance and the reasons for it
- Giving constructive and timely feedback
- Remaining credible, honest and professional
- Techniques for dealing with poor performers
The cost of this course is £1,599 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this The Manager's Development Programme course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!