The Modern Day Communicator - Communication Skills in the 21st Century
The interactive nature of this one-day course gives participants the chance to discuss, learn and practise tools for effective communication, both internal and external.
Customers and colleagues need us to communication in a manner that saves time and effectively gets your message across. This requires not only speaking, but excellent listening skills. Participants will hone these abilities using the wide variety of communication media available today.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to identify implications and challenges of using modern media. Their skills and telephoning techniques will be greatly improved, while their body language and confidence will be more clearly expressed in any professional scenario. In addition, they will be better able to deal with complaints and challenging situations by responding confidently when under pressure and controlling emotions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Modern Day Communicator is beneficial to those who are required to communicate regularly other than face-to-face, whether internally or externally. Ideally this will suit switchboard, reception, customer service help desks and administrative staff.
Training Course Content
- Creating the right impression – the telephone ‘handshake’
- Effective and empathic listening
- What stops effective communication – barriers to listening
- Using the correct method for your customer/colleague
- Adapting your style for the method and message
- Identifying what gets in the way of effective communication
- Recognise behaviour styles - passive, aggressive and assertive
- Assessing and using your own level of assertiveness
- Contemporary use of body language on the telephone
- Adapting your voice and tone to achieve positive outcomes
Dealing with Challenging Situations
- Understanding how perceptions can alter a call
- Handling complaints positively
- Defusing challenging situations
- Staying positive – say ‘no’ assertively and confidently
Staying in Control
- Remaining calm, flexible and professional
- Managing your emotions under pressure
- Handling abusive calls and picking yourself up after a challenging call
- Leaving a positive impression of you and your organisation’s brand image
- Refining your communication manner - developing an appropriate and consistent style
- Creating a personal action plan
The cost of this course is £649+ VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this The Modern Day Communicator - Communication Skills in the 21st Century course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!