The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your ExperienceHemsley Fraser
The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience
This two-day programme is based on real life insights and incorporates everyday business examples. The programme is specifically designed for first time managers with some experience who want to build their confidence and abilities in working with their most important, but complex resource - PEOPLE.
This fast-paced programme introduces the manager with some experience to many of the key fundamentals of the managerial role. It is delivered and facilitated in a highly engaging manner through the subtle use of multimedia and storytelling.
Day one focuses on four key management and leadership behaviours that will enhance your ability to lead and manage individuals and teams. The course explores the core competencies of management, examining emotional intelligence techniques to build self-awareness and credibly, the art of setting direction, performance management and how to have open, honest and productive conversations with both individuals and the team.
Day two focuses on how managers manage and develop others. This second part of the programme unlocks the secrets of what makes great teams great, looks at strategies on how to lead change in the workplace and emphasises why the ability to be able to engage and understand others is a key skill for managers in today’s business reality
The programme gives participants a thorough grounding in the principles of managerial excellence. Because everyone in the course will be a new manager, participants have the opportunity to share experiences, hone new skills and receive feedback in a risk-free environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is is designed for new managers with some experience at managing or those with little formal management training who are seeking an introduction to management techniques.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify, relate to, and put into practice the four characteristics of highly effective managers.
- Plan, prioritise and delegate effectively.
- Understand how to manage performance in such a way as to get the very best from your people.
- Use a range of strategies for managing and developing a highly motivated and effective team.
- Recognise the need for change in today’s business reality and be able to manage change.
- Engaging and understand others using a range of techniques.
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The Four Characteristics of Highly Effective Managers
- Identifying the qualities associated with a highly effective manager
- What do managers do? – the four broad areas of management
- The self-aware leader – tips and techniques that underpin credibility
- Core management actions – where the manager needs to concentrate their efforts in order to run an engaged and motivated team
Managing Performance – Getting the Best from Your People All Day, Every Day
- Honest conversation – how to have open and honest conversations that give performance momentum
- Best practice in planning, monitoring and reviewing - writing SMART objectives, carrying out informal monitoring
- Setting behavioural objectives
- A framework for an effective appraisal meeting
Managing Change – How to Manage Change in the Workplace
- Managing change
- Why we need to change
- The five stages in managing successful change
- What motivates you and your teams at work?
- Motivation 2.0 – what it means to motivate in today’s business environment
- Coaching – one of the most important skills for a manager
The Key Skills of Brilliant Time Managers
- Planning – the importance of goals
- Prioritising – a time management challenge (activity)
- How well do I delegate? – the principles of successful delegation
Managing the Team
- How to get the best out of the team
- Performance clinic – tips and guidance for overcoming current challenges in the workplace
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!