The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your ExperienceHemsley Fraser
The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience
This two-day programme is based on real life insights and incorporates everyday business examples. The programme is specifically designed for first time managers with some experience who want to build their confidence and abilities in working with their most important, but complex resource - people.
The programme moves at a quick pace to introduces participants to experience to many important fundamentals of the managerial role. This course is particularly engaging because of its subtle use of multimedia and storytelling.
The focus of the first day is the individual as a manager. It explores the six characteristics of highly effective managers, introduces key tips for time management, and presents the latest thinking and research into managing performance and getting the best out of your team at all times.
The second day focuses on how managers manage and develop others. On this day, participants will unlock some of the reasons that great teams become so great and examines some different strategies for leading change in the workplace. Participants will also learn why being able to engage and understand others is so important for managers in today’s business environment.
The programme gives participants a thorough grounding in the principles of managerial excellence. Because everyone in the course will be a new manager, participants have the opportunity to share experiences, hone new skills and receive feedback in a risk-free environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience is designed for new managers with some experience at managing or those with little formal management training who are seeking an introduction to management techniques.
Training Course Content
The Six Characteristics of Highly Effective Managers – What The Best Managers Do, Know, Say, See, Hear, and Look Like
- Identifying the qualities associated with a highly effective manager (activity)
- What do managers do? – the four broad areas of management
- How well I know myself – my preferred learning style
- Climbing the management ladder – where am I now? Where do I want to go?
The Three Key Skills of Brilliant Time Managers
- Your time management personality
- Identifying the signs of poor time management
- Planning – the importance of goals
- Prioritising – a time management challenge (activity)
- How well do I delegate? – the five secrets of successful delegation
Managing Performance – Getting the Best from Your People All Day, Every Day.
- Managing performance activity - why do employees become disillusioned and underperform?
- The three questions every employee is entitled to ask and how these link to the performance management cycle
- The performance management cycle – planning, monitoring, reviewing
- Best practice in planning, monitoring and reviewing - writing SMART objectives, carrying out informal monitoring, the ten golden rules for an effective appraisal meeting
Managing Teams – What Makes Great Teams Great?
- The difference between a group and a team
- TEAMWORK activity
- My management style - identifying my preferred role when working within a team
- The three stages in team development
- The importance of teams
Managing Change – How to Manage Change in the Workplace
- Managing Change Activity
- Why we need to change
- The five stages in managing successful change
Engaging and Understanding Others
- The five R’s of high performance
- The most important words for engaging others
- The impact of the people you surround yourself with
- A strategy to differ decisively
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!