The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience - In-House
First time managers with little formal experience require support as they learn to handle their new responsibilities and deal with their most crucial resource - their people.
Delivered in-house, this two-day course is designed precisely to introduce your new managers to the the core competencies of management, examining emotional intelligence techniques to build self-awareness and credibly, the art of setting direction, performance management and how to have open, honest and productive conversations with both individuals and the team.
Aswell as how to manage and develop others and unlock the secrets of what makes great teams great. Look at strategies on how to lead change in the workplace and emphasises why the ability to be able to engage and understand others is a key skill for managers in today’s business reality.
In addition, participants will benefit from the opportunity to share experiences with their fellow new managers, practising their skills and getting feedback in a risk-free environment.
The in-house training format will deliver this knowledge in a highly effective manner, ensuring that skills and behaviours are developed (and adapted) quickly and with measurable results. The session is typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for your employees who are new managers with little management experience, as well as those with little formal management training who require an introduction to core management techniques.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:
- Identify, relate to, and put into practice the four characteristics of highly effective managers.
- Plan, prioritise and delegate effectively.
- Understand how to manage performance in such a way as to get the very best from your people.
- Use a range of strategies for managing and developing a highly motivated and effective team.
- Recognise the need for change in today’s business reality and be able to manage change.
- Engaging and understand others using a range of techniques
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:
The Four Characteristics of Highly Effective Managers
- Identifying the qualities associated with a highly effective manager
- What do managers do? – the four broad areas of management
- The self-aware leader – tips and techniques that underpin credibility
- Core management actions – where the manager needs to concentrate their efforts in order to run an engaged and motivated team
Managing Performance – Getting the Best from Your People All Day, Every Day
- Honest conversation – how to have open and honest conversations that give performance momentum
- Best practice in planning, monitoring and reviewing - writing SMART objectives, carrying out informal monitoring
- Setting behavioural objectives
- A framework for an effective appraisal meeting
Managing Change – How to Manage Change in the Workplace
- Managing change
- Why we need to change
- The five stages in managing successful change
- What motivates you and your teams at work?
- Motivation 2.0 – what it means to motivate in today’s business environment
- Coaching – one of the most important skills for a manager
The Key Skills of Brilliant Time Managers
- Planning – the importance of goals
- Prioritising – a time management challenge (activity)
- How well do I delegate? – the principles of successful delegation
Managing the Team
- How to get the best out of the team
- Performance clinic – tips and guidance for overcoming current challenges in the workplace
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!