Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience - In-HouseHemsley Fraser
The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience - In-House
The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience
First time managers with little formal experience require support as they learn to handle their new responsibilities and deal with their most crucial resource - their people.
Delivered in-company, this two-day Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience course is designed precisely to introduce your new managers to the core skills of people resource management, time management, leadership, performance management and change management. The goal is to provide participants with a thorough grounding in the principles of managerial excellence.
In addition, participants will benefit from the opportunity to share experiences with their fellow new managers, practising their skills and getting feedback in a risk-free environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new managers with little management experience, as well as those with little formal management training who require an introduction to core management techniques.
Training Course Content
The Six Characteristics of Highly Effective Managers – What The Best Managers Do, Know, Say, See, Hear, and Look Like
- Identifying the qualities associated with a highly effective manager (activity)
- What do managers do? – the four broad areas of management
- How well I know myself – my preferred learning style
- Climbing the management ladder – where am I now? Where do I want to go?
The Three Key Skills of Brilliant Time Managers
- Your time management personality
- Identifying the signs of poor time management
- Planning – the importance of goals
- Prioritising – a time management challenge (activity)
- How well do I delegate? – the five secrets of successful delegation
Managing Performance – Getting the Best from Your People All Day, Every Day.
- Managing performance activity - why do employees become disillusioned and underperform?
- The three questions every employee is entitled to ask and how these link to the performance management cycle
- The performance management cycle – planning, monitoring, reviewing
- Best practice in planning, monitoring and reviewing - writing SMART objectives, carrying out informal monitoring, the ten golden rules for an effective appraisal meeting
Managing Teams – What Makes Great Teams Great?
- The difference between a group and a team
- TEAMWORK activity
- My management style - identifying my preferred role when working within a team
- The three stages in team development
- The importance of teams
Managing Change – How to Manage Change in the Workplace
- Managing Change Activity
- Why we need to change
- The five stages in managing successful change
Engaging and Understanding Others
- The five R’s of high performance
- The most important words for engaging others
- The impact of the people you surround yourself with
- A strategy to differ decisively
Request information to find out more about scheduling this course for your employees
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this The Newly Appointed Manager - Building Your Experience - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.