The Strategic Business Partner Promoting Your Expertise as an Internal ConsultantHemsley Fraser
The Strategic Business Partner Promoting Your Expertise as an Internal Consultant
If you're a technical or professional specialist this exciting two-day course will equip you with the skills needed to become a highly successful internal consultant in your company. The two-day programme is designed to deliver practical skills and knowledge that will raise your personal profile and prepare you to deliver high-quality proposals and solutions to business clients. Essentially, you will be prepared to become an internal consultant for your company.
The course is taught in an interactive format and is intended to raise your self-awareness and ability to influence, persuade and negotiate. You will also build confidence confidence in your skills to provide value in a complex and changing world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This 2-day course is suitable for experienced professionals working in specialised/technical functions such as projects, IT, finance, or marketing; in charge of processes but with little line management responsibilities.
They should have the ability and opportunity to make a significant contribution to the strategic aims and direction of an organisation and an interest in knowing how to make their expertise count more.
Prior to attending the programme, it will be helpful if you might consider and prepare the following:
As part of the introductory phase; come prepared to inform the group about your journey towards your current role, the challenges you currently face and your main successes over the past two to three years.
Current assignments or projects
During the sessions we will introduce some consultancy tools and techniques. It will be helpful if you might come along with an assignment or project that you have recently started or will start in the near future. This will act as the vehicle for applying these tools and techniques
Consider what you want from the programme and be prepared to offer your expectations so that we are able to draw up a group list which we can refer to as the programme progresses
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will be able to:-
- Analyse the service or market place in which you operate and clearly demonstrate the strategic alignment of your assignments and projects to the corporate aims of your organisation
- Achieve business focused outcomes through strategic influencing, persuasion and negotiation
- Drive and manage change initiatives through a clear understanding of the consultancy cycle and change management processes
- Develop an engaging and flexible consultative style which can be applied to a range of situations including complex matrixes and international contexts
- Improve the quality of your own interpersonal skills through greater self-awareness and personal impact
- Apply a tool kit of communication tools, develop action plans and proposals for business improvement and development
- Create your own professional development plan to sharpen your skills and capabilities
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
- Your story
- Role of ‘business partner’
- The consultancy process
- Consultancy styles and assessment
- Personal SWOT analysis
- Strategic analysis
- Business SWOT analysis
- Skills and competencies
- Change management strategies
- Business case
- Negotiation, persuasion, influence across the business
- Consultancy skills
- Strategic influencing model
- Communication skills
- Advocacy and inquiry
- Achieving buy-in
- 7S model
- Summarise and reflect
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this The Strategic Business Partner Promoting Your Expertise as an Internal Consultant course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
475 GBP-575 GBP
Apprenticeship training for companies