Time Management for Managers
Loaded with practical exercises, tools and techniques, this time management course shows precisely where and how time is lost, and its repercussions on you and others. The course then demonstrates how well planned prioritisation and management of time can make a big impact on your work / life balance. You will be equipped with proven tools, tips and strategies which will help you rethink your approach to your workload and help you regain the control you need.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed towards the team leader, supervisor or professional who wants to ‘step up’ productivity through better use of time.
Completing a time log for a minimum period of two days is a requirement of the workshop. This will help you to establish how you currently spend your time whilst identifying opportunities for you to put into practice the tools, tips and techniques in your role.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
You will complete this course equipped to:
- Value time as a resource for yourself, your team and your business
- Focus on your objectives and key areas of responsibilities
- Establish and overcome the causes of poor time management
- Identify and deal with time stealers
- Prioritise your tasks and the unexpected
- Plan ahead and minimise the demands and pressures of your job
- Delegate tasks successfully to free up some of your time
- Increase personal and team productivity to achieve a greater work-life balance.
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The contents of the course are as follows:
- What are you there to achieve?
- Linking objectives to key result areas
- What are your responsibilities and priorities?
- Goal setting for yourself
- Long term goals and how they can help your planning
- Defining your personal timestealers
Planning and prioritising
- How to prioritise your workload
- How to use priority ratings
- Using planning tools to optimum effect
- Time management practical application exercise
- Controlling your email
- Scheduling tools in Outlook
- How to use the key criteria for prioritising
- Proactive planning
Managing your communications
- Listening and questioning skills
- Controlling your email
- Handling phone interruptions
- Reading and writing – speedily and effectively
- Managing meetings
Working with others
- Managing expectations of your workload to others
- Saying ‘no’ assertively (even to the boss)
- What is delegation and how to delegate successfully
Managing your work environment every day
- Coping with the paper and the inbox
- Taking control of your time
- Problem solving and decision making to save your time
- Managing your stress levels
- Reviewing tips for working on the move
- Health checks
- Staying in control of workload
- The future
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Time Management for Managers course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
438 GBP-875 GBP
799 GBP-999 GBP
1,200 GBP-4,435 GBP