Train the Trainer Essentials - Effective and Confident Training - In-House
This Train the Trainer Essentials - Effective and Confident Training course is designed to familiarise your in-house training staff with the fundamentals of effective training planning, design, delivery and evaluation.
This three-day programme is delivered in-house at your organisation and is intended for new trainers as well as more experienced staff who are looking to build on existing skills. The overall intent of this course is to provide them with a clear overview of the purpose and requirements of their position as trainers, and to deliver the skills necessary for them to:
- Formulate suitable training objectives
- Choose appropriate training materials
- Structure training content to meet learning objectives
- Make effective use of visual aids and interactive content
- Handle difficult situations with confidence
The course has a highly practical focus and can be tailored to meet specific organisational or departmental needs.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new and aspiring in-house trainers who need to develop their skills in planning, preparing and delivery a variety of training solutions.
Training Course Content
The Role of the Trainer
- Why organisations train
- Meeting the needs of the business
- Supporting organisational objectives and strategies
- The qualities of a successful trainer
The Learning Process
- How people learn
- Learning styles - maximising individual development through the learning process
- Identifying trainees - the selection criteria
- Adapting your training style to meet the needs of the groups
Establishing and Meeting Training Objectives
- Establishing and writing objectives - ensuring the success of your training sessions
- Building course content - deciding on depth and scope of material
- Sequencing materials and developing course structure
- Building in questions to support the learning process
Training Methods and Visual Aids
- Using visual aids for maximum effect - selecting appropriate visual aids
- Working with whiteboards, transparencies and flipcharts
- Using computer-based presentation packages
- Selecting appropriate training methods - trainee analysis
- Trainer-led facilitation and group discussion
- Training methods review - video, syndicate exercises, etc
- The make-up and structure of groups
- Anticipating and overcoming trainee problems
- Handling difficult trainees
Training Delivery and Evaluation
- Training exercises; design and delivery of training sessions
- Each delegate will undertake practical sessions through the duration of the course
- These encompass the writing of session objectives, content development and training delivery. Video will be used to aid this process.
- Effectively measuring learning outcomes
- Short and long term measurement
- Formulating an action plan
From £4,800. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Train the Trainer Essentials - Effective and Confident Training - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!