Train the Workplace Trainer - One-to-One and Small Group TrainingHemsley Fraser
Train the Workplace Trainer - One-to-One and Small Group Training
Overcome barriers and learn to deliver effective, high impact training in the workplace with this Train the Workplace Trainer course.
This two-day programme provides a how-to guide for the effective planning and delivery of training in an office, shop floor or other workplace, enabling delegates to:
- Appreciate the training process and the benefits of on-the-job learning
- Identify and overcome the barriers to effective workplace learning
- Pinpoint individual or team performance gaps and set learning objectives accordingly
- Monitor the success of their training
- Assess the effectiveness of their instructional ability and techniques
The course is delivered in a highly practical and interactive format that allows delegates to practise and gain confidence in their abilities, facilitating the transfer of new skills into their real working environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Train the Workplace Trainer course is suitable for anyone responsible for training others in the workplace or on-the-job, but have perhaps not received any formal training on how to do this effectively.
Training Course Content
Successful Workplace Training
- Why train and develop staff on-the-job?
- Overcoming the potential obstacles
- Taking advantage of every learning opportunity to benefit individuals and organisations
- Overcoming negative attitudes - stressing the positive message of the training
Performance Gap Analysis
- Defining the training needs and preferred learning style of individuals and teams at work
- Examining the needs of the job and identifying suitable training
- Setting clear training objectives
Preparing for Workplace Training
- Where, when and how to train - planning what to say and how to say it
- Identifying the preferred learning style of the individual
- How people learn
- Different approaches to workplace training
- Preparing the training material
- Structuring the sessions
One-to-one Training as a Means of Accelerating the Learning Process
- Understanding the concept of effective knowledge transfer
- The training methods available
- Checking understanding
- One-to-one training skills - providing positive and immediate feedback
- Communication skills - listening, questioning and responding
- Making training enjoyable and participative
Workplace Training with Small Groups or Teams
- The difference between individuals and small groups
- Instructional techniques - the basics of solving problems
- Adopting a more formal structure where appropriate
Reviewing and Measuring the Success of Your Training
- Effective observation methods
- Monitoring the success of your training - maintaining an awareness of progress
- Evaluating the impact of training on actual performance
- Personal action plans for ongoing development
- Formulating an action plan
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Train the Workplace Trainer - One-to-One and Small Group Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!