Working Assertively and with ConfidenceHemsley Fraser
Working Assertively and with Confidence
This Working Assertively and with Confidence course is highly interactive, practical and supportive. It uses many different forms of learning to help develop you become more assertive and self-confident so that you can work more effectively and reclaim your work/life balance.
This two-day programme is a guide for anyone who needs to learn how to be more assertive in a range of workplace situations. Participants will get tips for making requests assertively, saying 'no' to unreasonable demands, proactively addressing problems in the workplace, and to boosting confidence and self-esteem.
You will leave this course with a personalized action plan that identifies the key changes that must be made, the skills that you can practise in order to build your self-esteem, self-confidence and become more assertiveness.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Working Assertively and with Confidence course is designed for those who want to become more effective at making requests of others, saying 'no' to unreasonable demands, or generally improving your level of assertiveness and increase your confidence and self-esteem then this course will give you the guidance you need.
You will be sent some pre-course work for completion prior to the course, to help to identify your current level of assertiveness which will help prepare you for the course. The trainer will work through this with you during the course, helping to meet your own particular development needs.
Training Course Content
Understanding assertive behaviour
- Defining assertiveness in the workplace
- Identify the link between assertiveness and work/life balance
- Identifying behaviours linked with assertiveness
- Introduction to assertiveness techniques to say 'no' and make requests
Recognise the Link Between Assertiveness, Confidence and Self-esteem
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Self-assessment of your style – the associated strengths and weaknesses
- Recognising your own style and behaviours
- Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
Handle Challenging Situations and People Confidently and Assertively
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness
- Confronting individual challenges which occur in the workplace
- Working proactively to prevent future challenges in the workplace
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Assertiveness and body language
- Taking control through positive body language
- Responding appropriately to the body language of others in the workplace
- Using assertive and positive language – making your message clear
- Building rapport to maintain relationships
Planning Your Personal Strategy for Dealing with Assertive Behaviour
- Developing a personal action plan for using the robust tools and techniques learned from the course to increase your assertiveness, self-esteem and self- confidence
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Working Assertively and with Confidence course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!