Working Assertively -In-House
Skills in assertiveness are key to making employees feel confident and satisfied in their day-to-day work, which in turn enables them to be more productive.
This in-house course is designed precisely to equip your staff with a confident, assertive attitude as well as some tools and techniques to help them work more effectively and achieve a good work-life balance.
This 2 day course is delivered in-house and can be tailored upon request to make it even more relevant to your organisation and/or delegates. These sessions are typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all staff who need to improve their level of assertiveness and increase confidence & self-esteem in the workplace.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:-
- Identify your strengths and areas for development in terms of assertiveness.
- Use your body language, questioning and listening to support assertive communication.
- Make and deal with requests assertively, including saying ‘no’.
- Give and receive feedback in an effective and productive manner.
- Use confidence building techniques to reduce negativity and increase self-esteem.
- Approach meetings and senior managers more confidently and assertively.
- State basic tips on managing difficult situations assertively, eg. handling anger or aggression.
- Practise the skills and received feedback using your own situations at least twice.
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:-
Understanding Assertive Behaviour
- Defining assertiveness in the workplace
- Identify the link between assertiveness and work/life balance
- Introduction to assertiveness techniques to say 'no' and make requests
Recognise the Link Between Assertiveness, Confidence and other Behaviour Types
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Self-assessment of your style – your mix of behaviour types plus strengths and weaknesses
- Recognising your own style and behaviours
- Techniques to build self-esteem and confidence
Handle Challenging Situations Assertively Including Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Tackling barriers to assertiveness
- Confronting individual challenges which occur in the workplace
- Working proactively to prevent future challenges in the workplace
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Assertiveness in meetings and with senior managers
- Initial tips on handling anger or aggression
Assertiveness and Body Language
- Taking control through positive body language
- Responding appropriately to the body language of others in the workplace
- Using assertive and positive language – making your message clear
- Building rapport to maintain relationships
Practice and Planning Your Personal Strategy
- The opportunity to practise using your own situations and receive feedback on your skills
- Developing a personal action plan for using the robust tools and techniques learned from the course to increase your assertiveness, self-esteem and self-confidence
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Working Assertively -In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!