Working with Emotional IntelligenceHemsley Fraser
Working with Emotional Intelligence
Emotional intelligence can serve managers and leaders in many ways. It can help you deftly give and receive feedback when emotions are running high, operate under pressure effectively, distinguish stakeholders' spoken and unspoken needs in projects. You will learn skills to determine what (and what not) to say in one-to-ones, handle conflict, use ‘difficult’ emotions such as anger and fear to productive ends in restructures, and conduct difficult conversations with stakeholders.
Emotional Intelligence (EI) distinguishes average performers in management and leadership positions from star performers. This hands-on 2-day programme is perfect for the manager who wants to develop their own Emotional Intelligence, explore their own situations using EI strategies and tips and lead their teams to enhanced performance.
Participants will be able to:
- Understand the 4 pillars of EI.
- Recognise the key EI skills.
- Learn your positive triggers. What motivates you.
- Be aware of the history of EI and the basic physiology of the brain.
- Learn your own triggers. What makes you react more emotionally.
- Understand how your emotions change under stress.
- Read non-verbal language more effectively.
- Develop a better rapport with individuals.
- Be more aware of others’ motivations and styles and learn to appreciate their difference.
- Learn basic coaching skills to better understand people and their needs and goals.
- Manage and work with people more effectively by respecting and understanding their emotions.
- Adapt to how others thinking and what different perspectives they have.
- Use a conversation model to encourage more emotionally effective conversations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those wanting to obtain a grounding in Emotional Intelligence and learn how to apply it both to your work and personal relationships.
Training Course Content
The contents of the course are as follows:
What is Emotional Intelligence? – The Four Pillars of Emotional Intelligence
- Feeling and assessing emotions
- History of Emotional Intelligence
- Multiple Intelligences
- Physiology of the brain (top and bottom parts)
Pillar One - Self-Awareness•
- Learning the difference between top brain/bottom brain systems
- Recognising your emotional triggers
- Understanding your motivations and drivers
- Assessing your values and how you live them
Pillar Two - Self-Management
- Gaining an overview of EI
- Understanding your reactions under stress and conflict
- Recognising you at your very best
- Learning what holds you back
- Choosing your attitude
Pillar Three - Social Awareness
- Building rapport with a broad range of people
- Reading and interpreting non-verbal language
- Using more effective questioning and listening
- Recognising facial expressions
Pillar Four - Social Management
- Understanding different behavioural styles of individuals
- Learning others' motivations, triggers and reactions
- Understanding and being more adaptable to different perspectives
- Recognising diversity and differences
- Having more effective conversations
- Coaching for better conversations
Action Planning - Putting It All Together
- Developing your action plan to support how you want to use your learning
The cost of this course is £1,099 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house. Tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Working with Emotional Intelligence course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!