Writing for Results
If you want to improve your written communication and learn how to write for results, then this 2-day course is just what you need. You will get the opportunity to focus on the written word and consider how the style and tone will impact your reader.
This two-day programme will help learn to write more effectively. You will learn how to write documents that are clearly readable and understandable, and texts that make capture the reader and encourage further action.
The course employs practical exercises, discussion and one-to-one feedback from the trainer. You will start with the basics and then move on to adapting to the right style and tone for specific situations and enhancing your image in the eyes of your reader. You will also learn how to to:
- Understand and follow the six principles of effective business writing
- Focus on and satisfy readers’ expectations
- Ensure your message is quickly understood and accepted by the reader
- Avoid word inflation
- Adopt a variety of preparation techniques
- Write convincing, persuasive and powerful documents that achieve their objectives
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Writing for Results course is suitable for those who have experience of writing a variety of documents, and who want to develop their style of writing and sharpen their impact. The content will apply to emails, letters, reports, sales tenders and proposals.
To gain maximum benefit, please bring with you samples of your written work that you can review throughout the course. You will be asked to complete a pre-course questionnaire which will help the trainer to focus on individual needs.
Training Course Content
The Benefits of Planning
- Mind mapping
- Adopting a structured approach – saving valuable time
- Putting yourself in the reader’s shoes
- Ensuring the objective is clear
- Deciding on information the reader needs
- Sequencing to maintain interest and persuade the reader
Developing a 'Lean & Fit' Style
- The ABC guide to ensure professionalism
- Clear expression to appeal to your reader
- Adding interest and variation to your work with well-chosen words
Writing to Persuade
- Exploring new ways to persuade
- Encouraging and convincing the reader to follow your train of thought/argument
- Anticipating and addressing objections positively
Making an Impact – Sustaining Interest
- Developing techniques to make an impression on the reader
- Adding sincerity with personal and sincere beginnings and endings
- Bringing your writing to life – making it visually appealing
- Avoiding time-consuming rewrites
- Logical approach to proofreading
- Learning to get it right first time
- Creating your personal action plan for the future
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 4.5Based on 2 reviews
Find out more about this Writing for Results course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!