Writing for the Web
The web is now the main place that companies communicate with clients, gain new customers, and raise credibility. However, the web’s high-speed environment online readers quick to judge, short on time and purposeful. The course incorporates the latest research, relevant case studies and practical exercises to demonstrate the best practices for writing for the web. Participants will leave the course with the skills and knowledge to improve their website’s structure and layout, and better influence and impact readers.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Learn how digital readers are different, and the implications for content writers
- Connect with your readers and write for scannability - why easy navigation and interaction are so important
- Get feedback on your websites that includes suggestions for making both short and long-term improvements
- Simple steps that will improve your website’s ranking on search engines
- Create effective e-newsletters and learn how to get them read and noticed
- Write for Social Media (particularly LinkedIn) and blogs – start impressing customers, building connections and selling services
- Learn additional ways that your digital content can be improved
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Writing for the Web course is suitable for anyone writing or preparing copy for the web – websites, e-newsletters and blogs/social media – or responsible for a website’s operation and maintenance.
You may be new to copywriting or new to writing for this media; designing a new website or seeking to improve one; or involved with digital marketing projects. The course is equally suitable for those from small/large organisations, and private, public and voluntary/third sectors.
Training Course Content
The course covers:
Writing for Websites
- How digital readers differ
- Tuning into readers’ wants
- Essential techniques when writing for websites
- Improving digital content: importance of style guides, accessibility and proofreading.
- Webifying your copy (from a printed to website format)
- Eye-catching web pages – lessons from best practice
- Feedback on delegates’ websites
- Search Engine Optimisation – the essential first steps.
- The dos and don’ts
- Ways to increase your ‘click rate’ (percentage opened)
Writing for Social Media
- Writing for social media and blogs – how to make your content stand out
The cost of this course is £649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Writing for the Web course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!