Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Drilling TechnologiesHOT Engineering
Advanced Drilling Technologies
Advanced Drilling Technologies - A 5-day Oil & Gas training course in Vienna
This 5-day advanced training course provides a comprehensive overview of the principles and practices of advanced drilling engineering, enabling participants to decide which technology is most appropriate for their business.
It is an introduction to advanced drilling topics such as High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) drilling, modern drilling technologies (i.e. casing drilling, unconventional drilling methods), special well design, drilling problems and their solutions. Advanced drilling techniques such as casing drilling or coiled tubing drilling are also covered as are tools and techniques used in casing or tubing drilling such as surface equipment, bottomhole assemblies (BHA), etc.
Participants be guided through planning and evaluating drillstring design and learn how to perform calculations associated with well tubular design and stuck pipe situations.
Non-conventional aspects of drilling will be also covered within this class, guiding you through shale gas drilling, gas hydrates drilling and coring as well as modern casing and coiled tubing drilling aspects.
At the end optimisation concepts will be presented, helping you to learn how to take decisions that could save time and increase the safety of drilling operations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The training course is especially suitable for Engineers with a good understanding of the principles of drilling engineering. Drilling, production and operations engineers, field supervisors, managers and technical support personnel are the main target of the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course delegates will feel confident in their understanding of:
- Drill string mechanics: loads, cause of failure, design concepts
- Mechanised drilling operations: make-up of tubular, mechanised drilling rigs
- Drilling problems: stuck pipe situations, fishing operations
- Advanced drilling technologies - casing drilling, HPHT, coiled tubing drilling
- Proper selection of drilling technology for shale gas, geothermal drilling, etc.
- Non-conventional drilling methods and equipment including environmental aspects of drilling activities
- Drilling through gas hydrates
Training Course Content
The Advanced Drilling Technologies course will cover the following units:
- Drilling engineering - a short review
- Drilling methods and drilling technologies
- Drillstring mechanics
- Mechanised drilling operations
- Drilling problems and their solutions in modern drilling operations
- Coiled tubing drilling technology
- Casing drilling technology and casing fatigue
- Expandable tubular and their applications
- Drilling HPHT wells
- Drilling fluids for HPHT environment
- Wellbore hydraulics
- Drill bit optimisation and selection
- Non-conventional drilling methods
- High performance drilling concepts
- Drilling through gas hydrates
- Aspects wellbore construction and wellbore integrity
- Proper selection of drilling technologies and methods for your business
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...