Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Drilling Technologies
Advanced Drilling Technologies - A 5-day Oil & Gas training course in Vienna
This 5-day advanced training course provides a comprehensive overview of drilling technologies currently available and covers the essential principles and practices of Drilling Engineering. The course provides participants with an introduction to advanced drilling topics such as High Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) drilling, modern drilling technologies (i.e. casing drilling, unconventional drilling methods), special well design, drilling problems and their solutions.
Throughout the course, delegates will be guided through the planning and evaluation stages of drillstring design. They will learn how to perform simple calculations associated with well tubular design. Advanced drilling techniques such as casing drilling or coiled tubing drilling are also covered in the course.
In addition, participants will become confident using the tools and techniques for casing or tubing drilling such as surface equipment, bottomhole assemblies (BHA), etc. At the end of the course, participants will be able to decide which technology is more suitable for their business using decision matrix.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The training course is especially suitable for Engineers with a good understanding of the principles of drilling engineering. Drilling, production and operations engineers, field supervisors, managers and technical support personnel are the main target of the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course delegates will feel confident in their understanding of:
- Drill string mechanics: loads, cause of failure, design concepts
- Mechanized drilling operations: makeup of tubular, mechanized drilling rigs
- Drilling problems: stuck pipe situations, fishing operations
- Advanced drilling technologies - casing drilling, HPHT, coiled tubing drilling
- Proper selection of drilling technology for shale gas, geothermal drilling, etc.
- Non-conventional drilling methods and equipment including environmental aspects of drilling activities
- Drilling through gas hydrates
Training Course Content
The Advanced Drilling Technologies course will cover the following units:
- Short review of drilling engineering
- Drilling methods and drilling technologies
- Drillstring mechanics
- Mechanized drilling operations
- Drilling problems and their solutions in modern drilling operations
- Coiled tubing drilling technology
- Casing drilling technology and casing fatigue
- Expandable tubular and their applications
- Drilling HPHT wells
- Drilling fluids for HPHT environment
- Wellbore hydraulics
- Drill bit optimization and selection
- Non-conventional drilling methods
- High performance drilling concepts
- Drilling through gas hydrates
- Aspects wellbore construction and wellbore integrity
- Proper selection of drilling technologies and methods for your business
- Final review
The course fee covers tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch per session day and a €100 non-refundable registration fee. An additional computer fee may be applicable.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...