Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation
Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation - A 5-day training course for Oil & Gas professionals
This specialised five-day training course covering the principles of PVT & EOS Fluid Characterisation provides the bases for an accurate description and modelling of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) processes. Phase behaviour plays an important role in most oil recovery processes and is an essential part of all enhanced oil recovery processes.
The training course content is grounded in laboratory experiments and correlation to obtain PVT data will be discussed and illustrated using practical examples. Delegates are encouraged to bring their own PVT reports. In addition, this course also covers fluid characterization techniques with an EOS via commercial PC-based programs which will be provided in class.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation course is aimed at practicing Reservoir Engineers and researchers dealing with phase behaviour, miscible displacement and reservoir simulation. Process and chemical engineers will also benefit from the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course course participants will feel confident to:
- Make decisions about sampling and PVT laboratory procedures required
- Design and use PVT laboratory reports, including those for gas injection studies
- Develop EOS models
- Generate appropriate black-oil PVT tables for reservoir simulation
Training Course Content
The Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation course will cover the following key areas:
- Traditional and modified black-oil PVT properties
- Using correlations and laboratory data to obtain PVT properties
- Laboratory PVT experiments - how they are conducted, for what purpose and how they should be applied
- Fluid characterization with an equation of state (EOS)
- Heptanes - plus characterization
- Tuning an EOS by regression
- Pseudoizing to reduce the number of components
- Generating modified black-oil properties
- Slim tube simulations and MMP calculations
The course fee covers tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch per session day and a €100 non-refundable registration fee. An additional computer fee may be applicable.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...