Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation
Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation - A 5-day training course for Oil & Gas professionals
This course is concerned with understanding the underlying phase behaviour important to the description and modelling of Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) processes, and depletion performance of complex fluid systems.
Participants will gain confidence through the following training methodologies:
- Laboratory experiments and correlations to obtain PVT data will be discussed and illustrated using practical examples
- You are urged to bring your own PVT reports to discuss with the trainer
- Fluid characterisation with an EOS using commercial PC-based programs will be performed
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation course is aimed at practicing Reservoir Engineers and/or researchers dealing with phase behaviour, miscible displacement and compositional / complex black-oil reservoir simulation. Process and chemical engineers will also benefit from the course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course course participants will feel confident to:
- Make decisions about sampling and PVT laboratory procedures required
- Design and use PVT laboratory reports, including those for gas injection studies
- Develop EOS models
- Generate appropriate black-oil PVT tables for reservoir simulation
Training Course Content
The Advanced PVT and EOS Fluid Characterisation course will cover the following key areas:
- Traditional and modified black-oil PVT properties
- Using correlations and laboratory data to obtain PVT properties
- Laboratory PVT experiments - how they are conducted, for what purpose and how they should be applied
- Fluid characterisation with an equation of state (EOS)
- Heptanes - plus characterisation
- Tuning an EOS by regression
- Pseudoizing to reduce the number of components
- Generating modified black-oil properties
- Slim tube simulations and MMP calculations
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs.
Several courses utilise computers. Computer fees are charged in addition to regular course fees and applicable taxes (e.g. VAT or GST) will be added. Depending on course duration and location computer fees may vary.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...