Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Reservoir Simulation Technologies
Advanced Reservoir Simulation Technologies - A 5-day Oil & Gas training course
This course deals with various algorithms, concepts and the possible uses of reservoir simulators in creating dynamic reservoir models. These are used to investigate reservoir behaviour, optimise reservoir performance, design complex wells, estimate uncertainties and form the basis for risk assessment. New developments combined with new simulation techniques so as to eliminate most of the drawbacks of conventional simulation methods and make predictions more reliable are also dealt with.
Course participants will be encouraged to engage in discussions on their experiences with simulation studies. Best practices and simulation artefacts are explained with examples useful for project work. Exchange among participants during the course is stimulated to optimize the learning event.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Advanced Reservoir Simulation Technologies training course is especially suitable for experienced reservoir engineers.
But also employees that are in possession of basic skills in reservoir engineering and simulation or/and are experienced to some extent in the use of commercial reservoir simulators may benefit from this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course participants will feel more confident in their understanding of:
- Artefacts and the benefits of reservoir simulation
- Different gridding technologies, their advantages and disadvantages
- When reservoir models are fit-for-purpose and when to expect instabilities
- How to perform data quality checks on input data and resulting simulation model
- Different history matching approaches
- Black-oil vs. compositional simulation
- Formulation details in dual porosity / dual permeability models and their consequences
Training Course Content
The Advanced Reservoir Simulation Technologies course will cover the following topics:
- History and classification of reservoir simulators
- Review of rock and fluid properties for simulation deck input
- Upgridding and upscaling
- General purpose formulation and discretization methods used for black-oil and EOS compositional simulators
- Gridding - structured and unstructured gridding approaches, Cartesian grids, Corner point grids, Voronoi grids
- Modelling vertical and sloping faults in simulation
- Representing wells in the reservoir simulation model
- Solution methods and tuning parameter
- Initialization of reservoir simulation models
- History matching
- Compositional reservoir simulation
- Simulation of fractured reservoirs - numerical model, matrix-fracture exchange, recovery processes
The course fee covers tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch per session day and a €100 non-refundable registration fee. An additional computer fee may be applicable.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...