Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Well Log Interpretation
Advanced Well Log Interpretation: 5-Day Training Programme
This 5-day training programme from HOT Engineering has been designed to provide delegates with a comprehensive overview of the techniques and principles of advanced well log interpretation. The programme is aimed at oil and gas professionals who deal with wireline and/or LWD logs in their job.
Delegates of this programme will explore the tools response explained from their physical principles as well as their relationship with the rock and fluid properties; most existing open hole logging technologies will be covered explaining their main applications and limitations. Further, the programme will cover advanced interpretation methods and provide delegates with various examples and exercises including complex lithology interpretation techniques. At the end of the programme, delegates will attend a mini-workshop on optimum logging program selection based on minimum set of logs needed for a proper evaluation, company budget and tools’ limitations.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training programme is best suited for the following delegates:
- Engineers in the exploration and production department
- Geologists, geophysicists or petrophysicists
- Petroleum, reservoir or drilling engineers
- Any oil & gas industry professionals involved in logging data interpretation and validation
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of this training programme, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the physical principles of most existing open hole logging tools
- Know the main applications and limitations of the different tool readings
- Understand the uses of advanced logging tools in complex lithology interpretation
- Perform a quantitative formation evaluation on a complex lithology
Training Course Content
The content of this training programme is structured as follows:
- Basic Concepts Review and Resistivity Tools
- Conductivity and Nuclear Logging Tools
- Acoustic and Geological Logging Tools
- Advanced Logging Tools and Introduction to Formation Evaluation
- Complex Lithology Evaluation, Formation Testers and Mini-Workshop
The course fee covers tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch per session day and a €100 non-refundable registration fee. An additional computer fee may be applicable.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...