Effective Office Management Skills
Effective Office Management Skills - 5-day course by HOT Engineering
This practical 5-day training programme develops office managers' key abilities, insights and administrative techniques, focusing on the knowledge and skills they require, in order for you to carry out their vital roles effectively.
The course aims to make you more confident in talking to your manager about what is required for improving office administration process and the performance standards you should reach. This course develops your skills through a range of supportive activities and practical examples.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for you if you are:
- In an office administrative, secretarial or personal assistant role
- Wanting to develop your effectiveness in the role and make a greater contribution
- Wishing to be part of a network useful to your future development
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the programme you will feel confident to:
- Clarify your role and the standards expected of you
- Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate a professional approach to key tasks and activities including filing, updating records, making appointments, organising travel, taking meeting minutes
- Manage your own time and priorities including considering urgency and importance, managing interruptions, planning tasks, keeping several projects moving forward
- Help your manager manage his/her time effectively
- Deal professionally with internal and external clients and customers both face-to-face and on the telephone, including meeting and greeting visitors, responding to questions on procedures and processes and dealing with incoming phone calls
- Diagnose the causes of actual and potential issues and problems and take positive steps to reduce or eliminate their impact, taking responsibility for follow through
- Write effective emails and short business letters so that their meaning is clear and they are regarded as helpful and supportive by the reader
- Write short reports (events, proposals, evaluations) so that they are easily understood and inviting to read
- Present ideas verbally in a persuasive and clear way to meetings and small groups
Training Course Content
The course will cover the following key learning points:
- Defining your office management role, areas of responsibility and decision making parameters
- Agreeing work objectives and indicators of performance
- A professional image: working on your self-perception and the perception of others as well as on how you want to be seen
- Managing your own & your manager’s time: Clarifying and working to priorities, protecting your manager from interruptions, reminding of and preparing for meetings with managers
- Systems & procedures: Managing paperwork, storage and retrieval; Keeping track of tasks and outstanding actions; Understanding and advising on departmental procedures
- Practical problem solving skills: Ownership and follow through of problems, Making decisions and resolving issues; Pre-empting the diary and contingency planning
- Effective client & customer service: Meeting & greeting visitors; Answering the telephone;Developing questioning, listening and assertiveness skills- Understanding behaviour and dealing with difficult situations
- Written communication; Writing business letters and effective emails; Drafting clear, readable short reports
- Presenting ideas in meetings; Identifying your key messages and delivering them clearly and persuasively
The course fee covers tuition, course materials, refreshments and lunch per session day and a €100 non-refundable registration fee. An additional computer fee may be applicable.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
Read more and show all courses with Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...
Request information - obligation free
Reviews by course attendees