Extended Reach Drilling
Extended Reach Drilling
This course will deliver a detailed understanding of the latest extended reach drilling techniques and the latest industry standards used in high angle well construction. The content can be customised to client specific requirements or to a particular well project for closed courses.
The evolution of extended reach drilling techniques is explained against a background of showing what can go wrong if correct planning or rigsite operational practices are not fully implemented.
This is very much an operationally focused course which looks to deliver a knowledge level that can immediately be put to use not just in ERD projects but in improving performance on smaller wells and substantially cutting drilling costs from development projects.
The knowledge from this course can be directly applied to ongoing drilling operations or future well planning and will have a dramatic impact on drilling performance.
All the topics are placed in their operational context and an understanding of how each topic is inter-related with the other subject areas in the course is developed throughout the week.
Throughout the course areas in which ERD techniques can adversely impact the well cost or increase the well risk are detailed and the mitigations for these risks are discussed.
This course was re-written in 2018 to include the latest research and developments in ERD technology and practices.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- A drilling engineer, well site supervisor, tool pusher, rig manager or field support personnel
- A geoscientist or reservoir engineer looking to get better value from your interactions with the drilling team
- Involved in improving drilling performance and cutting drilling costs
Training Course Content
- How increasing hole angle creates significant problems and NPT because of Hole Cleaning, we look at how to identify, address and mitigate these problems.
- The origins of Torque and Drag in the well bore and how they impact our ability to increase our drilling radius from any rig. Why drag impacts horizontal lateral lengths. Model types, use and limitations.
- Delivering world beating ERD wells with limited rig capabilities.
- Operational practices for connections, tripping and managing BHP within fracture limits.
- How to monitor the well condition and how to interpret the data we collect to get the correct understanding of changes happening in the well.
For more information please visit the training provider website.
Provider: HOT Engineering
The HOT Energy Group - A Multidisciplinary Consultancy with Global Activities
The HOT Energy Group (HOT) is a technology driven, multidisciplinary and independent organisation serving the oil & gas industry in its pursuit of recovery and field operations optimisation. With more than three decades of specialist experience in the subsurface domain,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Extended Reach Drilling course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!