Fundamentals of Reservoir Development Geology
Fundamentals of Reservoir Development Geology In-House Course An introduction for the oil & gas field
Modern reservoir modelling adopts 3D computer techniques often used to construct large and complex models. This in-house modular workshop, set at basic or cross-over level, focuses on principles which the geologist should not lose sight of, regardless of computing power available.
It demonstrates the principles of effective field evaluation for development studies, ranging from appraisal to engineered recovery operations. It focuses on the controls that geological heterogeneities exert on subsurface fluid flow, and shows how an understanding of reservoir characteristics will improve the reliability of geological and reservoir engineering models.
The specific workshop modules and sections included will be varied to suit your needs, your background and the reservoir types you are most commonly working with.
- Exercises and demonstrations form important parts of the workshop modules; including:
- Scales of investigation of logs, cores and well tests in relation to reservoir heterogeneities
- Well correlation and mapping techniques
- Plotting and averaging methods for permeability data, prediction of permeability
- Use of pressure data in determining fluid contacts and reservoir compartmentation
- Capillary pressures and the concept of Free Water Level
- Design of simulation model input from geological data
- If there is access to client’s own core material for part of the workshop, relevant practical sessions can be run ‘hands-on’.
The workshop is accompanied by a manual in ‘book’ form, with extensive references for further reading.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house geology course is suitable for organisations and teams of:
- Reservoir or Petroleum Engineers, who wishe to learn how geological insight can improve understanding of the reservoir
- Geologists or Geophysicists new to production geoscience work, who want a greater insight into the work of the reservoir engineer and how to tailor the results of geological studies into a format most useful to the requirements of field development planning
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the workshop you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- The principles of effective field evaluation for development studies, ranging from appraisal to engineered recovery operations
- The controls that geological heterogeneities exert on subsurface fluid flow and how an understanding of reservoir characteristics will improve the reliability of geological and reservoir engineering studies
- The importance of effective data gathering
- The requirements for all static and dynamic reservoir data to be integrated into a model
Training Course Content
The content of this course is delivered within the processes and frameworks of each organisation. Topics covered include:
- Field development
- Introduction; duties
- Field case studies
- Rock and fluid properties
- Basic rock properties and special core analysis
- Fluid properties
- Pressure and pressure analysis
- Development geological techniques
- Coring and core description
- Conventional subsurface structure and reservoir mapping
- Well correlation
- Basic volumetrics
- Basic reserves evaluation
- Horizontal wells
- Sandstone reservoirs I
- Clastic reservoir modelling
- Aeolian, fluvial and deltaic reservoirs
- Sandstone reservoirs II
- Coastal, shallow marine and fan
- Clastic diagenesis
- Carbonate and fractured reservoirs
- Carbonate reservoirs (focus to be determined based on client interests)
- Fractured reservoirs
- Engineering techniques: an introduction for the geologist
- Basic well testing
- Basic production logging
- Basic material balance and production mechanisms
- Basic reservoir simulation
- Integrated reservoir modelling
- Introduction to reservoir geomodelling - best practices and approaches
- Subsurface uncertainty evaluation
HOT Engineering provides a cost-effective and convenient alternative for employee development with bespoke, in-house training solutions. Please contact us for more details!
Provider: HOT Engineering
The HOT Energy Group - A Multidisciplinary Consultancy with Global Activities
The HOT Energy Group (HOT) is a technology driven, multidisciplinary and independent organisation serving the oil & gas industry in its pursuit of recovery and field operations optimisation. With more than three decades of specialist experience in the subsurface domain,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Fundamentals of Reservoir Development Geology course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Corporate Training for Teams
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled
1,200 GBP-4,435 GBP
Open / Scheduled
1,200 GBP-4,435 GBP