International Oil & Gas Exploitation Contracts
International Oil & Gas Exploitation Contracts - 5-day course with HOT Engineering
In this course, participants will learn about the petroleum upstream fiscal systems and the contractual instruments governments use to grant to oil companies the right to explore, develop and exploit hydrocarbon fields.
By using industry-specific case studies, examples and exercises this course will enhance participants' knowledge of the typical features of each system, how they impact the economics of the field from both the oil company's and the government's viewpoint.
This course makes extensive use of petroleum industry case studies, examples and exercises, with delegates working individually and in teams when tackling a variety of industry-specific challenges.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is designed for you, if you are:
- Involved at any level in business development, contract negotiations, business analysis, strategic planning, joint-venture representation or investment in petroleum projects and would like to develop a more in-depth general understanding of international oil and gas exploitation contracts
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- The structure and benefits of different types of international contracts for petroleum exploration, development and production
- The key elements of oil and gas exploitation contracts
- How to structure the agreement(s) to meet your company's needs
- The different needs and expectations of national and international oil and gas companies
- Non-financial elements and their impact on economics and profitability
- How to identify and manage appropriately the risks and opportunities in the contract terms
- How to differentiate between oil and gas exploitation and marketing issues involved in gas contracts
- How to model the changing parameters in a typical PSC
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
- What are "international exploitation contracts" and how do they work?
- The key differences between PSCs, concessions, service contracts and joint-venture contracts
- The rights and obligations of the parties at each stage
- Why do we have PSCs?
- Understand what PSCs are designed to do and how they are evolving
- Who gets the production?
- How to work out the production splits
- Untangling the "R factor"
- How are the contracts dealt with in the exploration phase?
- Managing timescales, minimum work programs, appraisal and relinquishment
- Setting criteria, evaluating and agreeing "commerciality"
- What are the objectives in the development and production phase?
- Differences between host countries and contracting companies and how to bridge the gaps
- Bonuses, royalties, taxes and pricing issues
- Where is the balance of risk in the contract provisions?
- Using incentives structures to even out the upsides and downsides of the contract terms for each party
- The challenge of decommissioning obligations
- How to manage the economics of international contracts
- Tools for assessing the value of success and the cost of failure
- How do we set the right price?
- Special issues for marginal fields
- Who pays for and carries the risk during development programs?
- Where to find sources of funding from the public and private sector
- How are "non-financial issues" dealt with?
- How to meet national policies and contract commitments for employment, training, local purchasing and HSE compliance
- How is cost recovery set up and managed?
- What are the effects of unitisation and redetermination?
- In what ways are gas contracts different?
- Special considerations for natural gas and LNG production, transportation, processing and sales agreements
- Understanding the LNG marketplace
- Future trends
- Has the traditional PSC had its day?
- Recent developments in contracting
- The changing role of IOCs
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 33 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for HOT Engineering
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this International Oil & Gas Exploitation Contracts course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!