Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Modern Project ManagementHOT Engineering
Modern Project Management
Modern Project Management - A Basic to Intermediate PM training programme
In a more and more globalised and fast paced business environment, increasingly companies have to respond to that challenge with strategic systematic approaches, without losing flexibility. Without professional and successful project management this is not conceivable.
This course provides insights into the basic principles of modern project management and relates these concepts to the context of the performing organisation.
The whole course design is related to the question of what 'project success' means.
Participants will gain confidence through the following training methodologies:
According to a study about Project Management Training, sponsored by the PM College, instructor-led classroom training is by far the most used and most effective method of project management training.
Therefore, our course is based on:
- Live presentations and Q&A sessions
- Realistic examples and exercises
- Producing real plans, schedules and estimates and receiving feedback on them
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course in Modern Project Management is for you, if you are:
- A program manager, project manager, functional manager, team member or bid manager, responsible for designing, managing and delivering successful projects
- Keen to learn more about the project life cycle and improve your project management skills
- New to project management
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will feel confident in your understanding of:
- How projects fit into the overall organization
- How projects are selected and initiated
- What project success means and why projects fail
- Who stakeholders are and how to address them
- Why communication is one of the major success factors
- Why requirements are so important and how to gather and maintain them
- How a work break structure is developed
- What planning means and how powerful it can be
- Why risk management is more than brainstorming
- What else has to be considered and why sometimes less is more
Training Course Content
This course will cover the following topics:
- Project portfolio management
- Basic concepts of program and project management
- Project success factors
- Project life cycle and organisational influence
- The triple constraint
- Baselines and change management
- The nine knowledge areas of project management
- Organisational theory
- Motivational theory
- Projects in a globalised world
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs. Applicable taxes will be added.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Modern Project Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.