Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Negotiation Skills for the Oil & Gas IndustryHOT Engineering
Negotiation Skills for the Oil & Gas Industry
Negotiation Skills for the Oil & Gas Industry - 5-Day Training Course
By making extensive use of oil and gas industry exercises, case studies and role plays this highly-interactive workshop demonstrates a structured approach to effective negotiating and introduces Breakthrough Negotiation Strategy to achieve results in difficult and complex negotiations.
You will develop your knowledge in a number of important areas, including team negotiations, international / cross cultural negotiations and conflict resolution.
The bulk of this course comprises realistic, oil industry-based role-play negotiating scenarios based on a variety of commercial and non-commercial situations. This is underpinned with instruction in negotiating principles and methodology.
Class numbers for this course are kept low to ensure maximum student participation and ample coaching from the class instructor.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This negotiation course for oil and gas professionals has been developed for:
- Professionals with limited negotiating experience wanting to improve their abilities and confidence in this core business activity
- Petroleum professionals involved in commercial or inter-personal negotiations
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon conclusion of this course, participants will have the skills to:
- How to plan and prepare for negotiations
- How to recognise the vital steps in a negotiated settlement, and to exhaust one step before proceeding to the next
- How to improve your communication skills to achieve better results
- How to resolve impasse and handle difficult negotiations
- How to negotiate in teams
- How to respect cultural differences in international negotiations
Training Course Content
This negotiation course for oil & gas professionals is structured as follows:
- Negotiation as a process
- What do we mean by negotiation?
- Are you a potential negotiator?
- Key negotiating steps
- Preparing for your negotiation
- Five keys to preparation
- Knowing your subject, knowing your counterpart, preparing your tactics
- An invaluable tool - preparation checklist
- Initiating and presentation
- The importance of initiation and how to initiate
- The importance of presentation after initiation and before bargaining
- Developing your bargaining strategy
- Effective bargaining techniques
- How and when to avoid premature bargaining
- How to resolve impasse and deal with conflict
- Getting concessions
- Closing the deal
- How to recognise closing signals
- Confirmation and follow-up
- Communication and human behaviour in negotiations
- Seven steps to effective communication
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Learning how to listen
- Dealing with different personalities
- How to communicate to influence the other side
- Negotiating by phone or email
- Team negotiations
- How to negotiate in teams
- Breakthrough negotiations
- What we mean by "breakthrough strategy"
- Handling international negotiations
- Recognising cultural differences
- How cultural differences affect negotiations
- Preparing for international negotiations
- Dealing with conflict
- The causes of negotiating conflict
- How to assess your own conflict management style
- How to handle conflict in negotiations
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs. Applicable taxes will be added.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 30 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...
Request information - obligation free
Find out more about this Negotiation Skills for the Oil & Gas Industry course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.