Relief & Flare Systems
Relief & Flare Systems
The course covers relief, flare and vent systems design. It describes why specific equipment like separators and heat exchangers require relief protection and how to determine the relief cases for these items. The various elements of the relief system, from relief valves through piping and headers to flare knock out drums and flare tips, are covered as are the methods for determining overall system and peak relief loads.
The course also covers how plant depressuring systems are configured and some of the specialised design principles such as cold temperatures and acoustic vibration are critical to sound relief system design.
How we build your confidence
The course links theory to application. It reinforces this through real industry examples and allows participants to practice the theory through worked examples as part of the sessions.
The course is highly interactive and participants are encouraged to share their own experiences and problems to the benefit of all.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- A facilities or process engineer, either a graduate or a more experienced technical professional looking to develop theoretical competence in relief and flare system design
- A safety engineer who seeks to gain competence in the principles and practices of relief and flare system design
- A project engineer or manager who seeks greater understanding of the principles of sound relief and flare system design
- An operations engineer looking to deepen their knowledge of the design principles of the plants
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the course you will have a good understanding of how relief and depressuring systems are designed. You will appreciate the importance of establishing all relief cases that apply and how these are equipment-specific. You will know how to determine governing relief cases for the system and how to calculate peak relief system loads. You will have an introduction to how staggering and staging depressuring systems can lower peak loads and how important cold temperatures and acoustic vibration are in the system design. You will have gained this from seasoned professionals who have been involved directly with relief and flare system design and have real life experiences to offer not just textbook knowledge.
Training Course Content
Relief System Basics, Relief Cases and Relief System Design
- The need for relief systems
- Codes & standards
- The basic relief & flare system
- Relief & flare system design
- Relief cases
- Reverse flow
- Two phase relief
- Double jeopardy and common cause failure
- Pressure vessels
- Heat exchangers
- Pig receivers & launchers
- Fire relief
- Peak relief loads
- Types of relief valves
- Relief valve sizing
- Relief device inlet & discharge piping
- Relief headers
- Acoustic induced vibration
- Cold temperatures & cold creep
- Common system design pitfalls
Depressuring Systems, Flares and Vents
- Depressurisation systems
- Rate of depressurisation
- Depressuring devices & actuation
- Segregation & staggering of blowdown
- Types of flares
- Flare radiation calculations
- Ground flares
- Flare ignition
- Smokeless flaring
- Purge gas
- Flare knockout drums
- Vent dispersion
- Flare / vent gas recovery systems
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs. Applicable taxes will be added.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
HOT – World Class Training for Oil & Gas Professionals
HOT is a leading oil and gas training provider and E&P consulting company. We come together as a multidisciplinary team, combining 33 years of training and consulting experience to deliver state of the art public courses, bespoke in-house courses, long-term...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Relief & Flare Systems course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!