Well Completion Design for Reservoirs with Sanding ProblemsHOT Engineering
Well Completion Design for Reservoirs with Sanding Problems
Well Completion Design for Reservoirs with Sanding Problems - 5 Day Open Course
The main objective of the course is to transfer the knowledge for the detailed sand face completion design process for reservoirs with sanding problems. The process for geological and engineering characterisation of the reservoir will be introduced as well as the impact on well or reservoir properties on sand face completion design and sand control method selection.
The course presents the tools and methodology to allow you to confidently and competently address these types of problems in significant detail for reservoirs with sanding problems.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Well Completion Design for Reservoirs with Sanding Problems training course has been developed for:
- A reservoir, operations, petroleum or completion engineer with responsibility for well construction and sand face completion tasks
- A geologist or geoscientist with a need to understand the technical and practical issues associated with reservoirs that are or will be prone to sand production
- A manager or senior team member with responsibility for field management and long term planning for these types of reservoirs, particularly if you are working in highly depleted areas
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Participants will leave this course equipped to:
- The issues and the physics of sand producing reservoirs
- Identifying the problems associated with sanding: when it will happen, mode of occurrence, volumes of sand and risk presented by these types of reservoirs
- Selecting the optimum completion option for the type of reservoirs, sizing of filter media and general operational procedures for well preparation and start up
Training Course Content
The Well Completion Design for Reservoirs with Sanding Problems comprises the following topics:
- Geological characterisation of the reservoir, mineralogy, pressure and structural features
- Mechanical stresses acting on the reservoir
- Reservoir mechanical properties such as Young Modulus and Poisson Ration
- Rock testing methods for strength characterisation
- Physics of sand production, its history and use of current tools
- Well construction process, well configuration selection
- Perforating design
- Sand control method selection and operational procedures associated with well preparation and cleaning prior to the completion
- Filter media equipment specifications and selection for sand control applications
- Well performance analysis and evaluation, well testing
- Flow assurance, sand transport and erosion fundamentals
The course fee includes tuition, course material, refreshments and lunch per session day and a 100 EURO non-refundable registration fee. Course fees do NOT include accommodation or living costs. Applicable taxes will be added.
The course is held at a top quality hotel with excellent meeting facilities.
Provider: HOT Engineering
The HOT Energy Group - A Multidisciplinary Consultancy with Global Activities
The HOT Energy Group (HOT) is a technology driven, multidisciplinary and independent organisation serving the oil & gas industry in its pursuit of recovery and field operations optimisation. With more than three decades of specialist experience in the subsurface domain,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Well Completion Design for Reservoirs with Sanding Problems course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!