Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4W)HSS Training
Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4W)
Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4) 1-day training course
Building on the skills delivered in the MOD3 (Occasional Climber) course, this Advanced Industrial Climber course equips supervisors with the advanced safety skills needed to set up temporary access systems, as well as inspect and use appropriate fall arrest equipment.
The 1-day programme has a highly practical focus, instructing participants in the following core areas:
- The impact of fall factors in an industrial setting
- Evaluation of rescue factors prior to task commencement
- Working at height risk assessment & hazard awareness
- Climbing & traversing using double lanyards
- Use of temporary fall arrest equipment & systems
- Casualty access & rescue systems
By the end of the training, they will have the competence to confidently supervise and work on access towers and similar structures, as well as plan for emergencies and carry out rescues or evacuations when required.
Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) - for full course details please click here.
Occasional Industrial Climber (MOD 3) - for full course details please click here.
• The effect of fall factors in an industrial location.
• The need for careful assessment of the rescue implications prior to commencing the work task.
• Have an awareness of hazards relating to work at height such as dropped objects, exposure to environmental conditions, etc and the importance of risk assessment prior to commencing the task.
• The use of double lanyards to climb and traverse around a tower or mast, this will include ascent and descent of a 25m structure.
• Installation of temporary fall arrest equipment and systems for access on towers and masts.
All delegates will be fully conversant with an appropriate rescue system, which will normally include:
• The use of a self-locking descender to abseil.
• How to free the casualty from suspension with the minimum exposure to risk.
• The use of a rescue kit containing a self-locking descender to access a casualty and evacuate them down to safety.
This course is designed for those who intend to access towers, masts, or similar structures using fall arrest systems and use work positioning techniques to carry out work at height. They will also be able to perform a rescue, or evacuation of an injured / suspended colleague to ground level.
This course is designed to enable delegates to carry out pre-use checks and set up temporary access systems on masts, towers and similar structures, as well as climb using double legged fall arrest lanyards. They will also be able to safely position themselves to work in these environments. Delegates will review the requirements for emergency planning and carry out evacuations and rescues of suspended casualties using a nominated rescue kit.
New to this course
This course now includes:
Day One: Harness - Height Safety Equipment Appreciation and Inspection (MOD 1) (a.m.) and Occasional Industrial Climber (MOD 3) (p.m.)
Day Two: Advanced Industrial Climber (MOD 4)
Delegates successfully completing the course will be awarded a Certificate of attendance and photo ID card valid for three years.
Course Entry Criteria
All delegates must be able to certify that they are physically fit and have no medical conditions that might prevent them working at height. (A list of conditions that could affect practical training and work at height are available on request).
Price includes registration, certification and exam fees.
This course is delivered at our specialist work at height training centre Middlewich (Cheshire) on our scheduled days.
Specialist Work at Height Centres
Equipment Covered During Training
• Full Body Harnesses
• Example anchor devices (Wire Strop, ATSL, HSL, etc.)
• Double Legged Fall Arrest Lanyards
• Fall Arrest Blocks
• Permanently Guided Typed Fall Arresters
• Temporary Guided Type Fall Arresters
• Work Position Lanyard and Harness
The cost of this course is £227 + VAT.
This sum includes registration, certification and exam fees.
In-House & Bespoke Training
HSS Training can deliver this programme on your company premises as a dedicated course. They can also develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your specific needs in terms of technical business aspects, unique operating environment(s) and/or particular learning styles.
Provider: HSS Training
HSS Training - Accredited Health & Safety Courses in the UK
Part of the highly respected HSS Hire Group, HSS Training is the company division dedicated to developing and delivering health and safety training across a range of specialist areas. Operating across the UK and Ireland, HSS Training offers 200+ accredited...