Hudson have partnered with the Online Business School (OBS) to bring you this fully accredited Diploma course. The Online Business School delivers online university pathway programmes with full Undergraduate and Postgraduate Diploma Awards to learners from all corners of the world. Learners can fast track their way through to a UK University Qualification on campus or by distance learning. With a 24/7 student networking platform, personal dashboards, 1-2-1 online tutorials, group webinars and bank of pre-recorded group webcasts, the Online Business School provides students with all the support that they need to succeed in developing their professional skill base and achieve a university qualification .
Watch this video to learn more about OBS and how their online Diploma courses work
About this Diploma
If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, The IT and Computing Diploma offered by Online Business School is definitely a course you should consider.
Our online Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma course is a 240-credit course, it includes 10 modules and written assignments at each level. The course is designed to equip you with the skills you need to Top Up to a full Undergraduate Degree and go on to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services, including Tutor Support and Webinars, a Social Learning Forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their Diploma course.Level 4 Curriculum:
- Introduction to Computing: This module will explore the functions of computing systems and the basics of design, configuration and routine maintenance.
- Introduction to Programming: This module examines the basis of OOS and how programming fits into the broader aspects of usage of applications.
- Introduction to Databases: This module will enable understanding of database design and development and enable students to develop and design a database and explore solutions to meet client brief . Learners will learn how to design a database.
- Requirements Engineering: This module is concerned with the analysis of IT and computing needs to develop requirement specifications and develop and test prototypes.
- Systems Analysis and Design: This module provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate to organisation needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
- E- Commerce Applications: This module explores the role of eCommerce in the modern world and in particular the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements.
- Human Computer Interaction: This module will develop students understanding of principles and models of Human Computer Interaction and evaluate existing HCI design and principles and use this to help them plan their own prototype multimedia user interface.
- IT and Society: This module examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
- Information Systems Project Management: This module explores elements of project management key to successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
- Management Information Systems: This module focusses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.
- Innovative Technologies in Computing: This module looks at innovative trends and disruptive advances taking place and examines the new generation of skills and knowledge that will be required to work successfully in the sector.
- Computing Research Methods: This module will explore the knowledge and skills required to undertake research in this field and the qualitative and quantitative approaches required including use of literature and design of research proposals.
- Software Development Methodologies: This module looks at the role of systems engineering in development of software and various models of data, software and processes using modelling approaches.
- Computing Project Planning: Creating and managing projects has changed over the years with the development of sophisticated IT Software, this Module focuses on how being a project manager in the 80’s differs to being a project manager in today’s world.
- Strategic Management Information Systems: This module is concerned with developing an understanding of the strategic role of MIS within the organisation and how it impacts on the broader objectives and strategy of the business.
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in IT: This module explores current issues in the IT sector and how these may impact on areas of security, confidentiality, privacy and the law.
- Network Design and Management: This module explores the principles of networks and network design and implementation and support of network systems.
- Web Based Development: This module will explore the design, deployment and management of virtualisation and explore its commercial and potential impact.
- Cyber Security: This module will enable an understanding of the importance of digital security to business, to understand industry standards of digital security and be able to recommend improvements in security.
- Advanced Databases: This module focuses on understanding database design and development includes advanced languages to analyse and query database data. Students will research database management and critically test and evaluate databases.
- University of Derby: Top up Final Year BA (Hons) Computing – £4400
- Middlesex University: BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems (final year); Or BSc (Hons) Information Technology & Business Information Systems (top up)
- One to One Coaching through online tutorials. Students can purchase tutorials on a one to one basis through a live webinar or telephone support.
- Live interactive webinars – students can enter a live webinar with other students in a virtual classroom.
- Recorded webcasts – Students can purchase pre-recorded webcasts to enhance their learning.
- Specific student issues
- Any quality issues for university partners
- Monitoring of assessment standards
- Monitoring of material content against learning outcomes
- Specific operational issues as they affect quality and customer service
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Hudson - Leaders in Learning
Hudson provide high spec e-learning to the consumer and corporate market all over the world. The majority of our online training is accessible across most devices including laptop, desktop, tablet, and smart phones. Our courses are designed to fit around...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Find out more about this Accredited Undergraduate Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma (with bonus ITIL Foundation course) course - simply fill out your details: