This Negotiation course is designed to provide professionals involved in complex, high-risk negotiations with the unique behavioural skills and insights needed to secure success in all of their negotiations.
Based on Huthwaite's unique research in Verbal Behavioural Analysis, the three-day programme focuses on equipping delegates with the framework and tactics needed to always negotiate from an optimal position, leading the discussion towards the desired outcome. More specifically, the interactive courses uses practical exercises and a number of negotiation simulations to enable delegates to:
- Develop familiarity with best practice negotiation tools
- Understand how to open, lead and close a negotiation
- Apply the concepts of levers and bargaining
- Use the key behaviours of effective negotiators
- Keep a positive climate, overcome deadlock and handle 'dirty tricks'
The skills gained will enable delegates to collaborate more effectively with their colleagues and to ultimately negotiate more profitable deals and increased value. In addition, they will receive the feedback needed to create a solid Action Plan for the continued development of their skills after the course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those who negotiate as part of a team or as principal negotiators, both buyer and seller-side.
It is suitable for those negotiating externally as well as those involved in intra-company negotiation.
Training Course Content
This course is structured as follows:
Preparing for the Negotiation
- Setting objectives.
- Evaluating fallback positions.
- The hierarchy of tradable issues and trade-offs.
- Best, target and worst trading limits.
- Calculating the cost of concessions.
- Anticipating 'their' position and tactics.
Planning the Negotiation
- Evaluating strengths, weaknesses and the power balance.
- Creative leveraged trades.
- 'Diminishing return' concession strategy.
- Common ground, long-term versus short-term issues.
- The researched VBA Success Model.
- Skills for persuasion, managing the power balance and bargaining.
- How to maintain the climate, resolve deadlock and conclude the right deal.
- Handling low reaction and 'dirty tricks' by the other party
The cost of this course is £1,750 + VAT per delegate.
**Please contact direct for multiple booking discounts
Huthwaite International is also able to deliver an in-house version of this course, which is brought to your company premises and, whenever possible, delivered by a Huthwaite Consultant with experience in your specific industry.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Huthwaite International has been helping businesses across the world deliver long-term, tangible results through their sales-focused behavioural change methodologies for 40 years. Based on research into what effective sellers and negotiators do, their approach is based on the key behaviours...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Negotiation course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!