IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop
This IFRS course is available as a face to face event or as a virtual, online training.
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) are the world’s most widely applied accounting standards. More than 140 countries now require or permit the use of IFRSs.
This five-day course provides a rigorous and detailed overview of all major technical IFRS requirements, and includes illustrative financial statements, case studies, examples, coverage of the most significant IFRSs, and interactive participation from the delegates.
This program answers questions such as:
- How should IFRS recognition and measurement requirements be applied in practice?
- What are the disclosure requirements of IFRSs and how can preparers ensure that they meet users’ needs?
Upcoming start dates
11 December, 2023
Contact our team today to ask about our live, online course schedule.
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is especially suitable for:
- Accountants in finance and reporting teams that prepare IFRS financial statements
- External and internal auditors
- Financial and credit analysts who review financial statements
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the requirements of IFRSs to prepare compliant financial statements, including determining accounting policies and drafting required disclosures
- Apply IFRS fair value measurement and impairment testing requirements
- Learn how to recognise and measure liabilities in accordance with relevant IFRSs
- Implement the standards dealing with business combinations and the treatment of interests in other entities
- Develop methods of presenting information clearly in IFRS financial statements
CPE credits are available for all courses.
Training Course Content
The course will cover the following key update areas in international financial reporting:
- Introduction to IFRSs
- IFRS standard setting – the bodies and due process
- Conceptual Framework
- Fair value measurement (IFRS 13)
- Content of IFRS Financial Statements
- Presentation of financial statements (IAS 1)
- Statement of cash flows (IAS 7)
- Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors (IAS 8)
- Discontinued operations (IFRS 5)
- Events after the reporting period (IAS 10)
- Operating segments (IFRS 8)
- Interim financial reporting (IAS 34)
- Inventories (IAS 2)
- Property, plant & equipment (IAS 16)
- Borrowing costs (IAS 23)
- Intangible assets (IAS 38)
- Investment property (IAS 40)
- Impairment of assets (IAS 36)
- Leases (IFRS 16)
- Employee benefits (IAS 19)
- Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets (IAS 37)
- Financial Instruments
- Presentation (IAS 32)
- Recognition and Measurement (IFRS 9)
- Disclosures (IFRS 7)
- Income Taxes
- Income taxes (IAS 12)
- Revenue from contracts with customers (IFRS 15)
- Government Grants and Assistance
- Accounting for government grants & disclosure of government assistance (IAS 20)
- Foreign Currency Issues
- Effects of changes in foreign exchange rates (IAS 21)
- Business Combinations and Interests in Other Entities
- Business combinations (IFRS 3)
- Consolidated financial statements (IFRS 10)
- Investments in associates and joint ventures (IAS 28)
- Joint arrangements (IFRS 11)
- First-time Adoption of IFRSs (IFRS 1)
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2022
We're delighted to announce that IASeminars is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2022 in Top 10 Courses with CPD Hours.
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
Why choose IASeminars
We've been training for 20 years.
50% of our business comes from returning clients.
We offer instructor-led training in international locations, over Zoom or in house.
Average rating 4.5
Very pleased with IASeminars. Excellent instructors. I really enjoyed the IFRS Comprehensive Workshop: Nick and Saket are excellent instructors that know the material. I was ha...
It's a very good training.
It's been an eye-opener for me given the complexity of the subject matter. The presentation was very insightful.
The cost of this training course is £4,750 + VAT for UK events, $6,200 + VAT for US events, $4,450 + VAT for events in Africa and £3,500 +VAT for virtual events.
In House Training
In addition to the scheduled dates and locations, IASeminars can also run this course as in house training, to meet the specific requirements of your team. Contact them here to request a customised training solution for your team.