IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop (5 days)IASeminars
IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop (5 days)
All available course dates
IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop
This virtual training will be delivered live and online over 8 individual sessions, each of 4 hours' duration from 13:00 – 17:00 London (UK). The sessions will run from Monday to Thursday in consecutive weeks.
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) are the world’s most widely applied accounting standards. More than 140 countries now require or permit the use of IFRSs.
This five-day course provides a rigorous and detailed overview of all major technical IFRS requirements, and includes illustrative financial statements, case studies, examples, coverage of the most significant IFRSs, and interactive participation from the delegates.
For many entities, disruption caused by the coronavirus pandemic presents significant challenges in applying IFRSs. The course will highlight the areas most likely to be affected and develop practical approaches in response.
This program answers questions such as:
- How are IFRS recognition and measurement principles applied?
- What are the disclosure requirements of IFRSs and how can they be made relevant to users?
- How does the pandemic impact on the preparation of IFRS financial statements?
Suitability - Who should attend?
This training course is especially suitable for:
- Accountants in finance and reporting teams that prepare IFRS financial statements
- External and internal auditors
- Financial and credit analysts who review financial statements
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the requirements of the standards to prepare IFRS compliant financial statements, including determining accounting policies and identifying required disclosures
- Apply IFRS fair value measurement and impairment testing requirements
- Learn how to recognise and measure liabilities in accordance with relevant IFRSs
- Implement the standards dealing with business combinations and the treatment of interests in other entities
- Develop methods of presenting financial statements and drafting useful disclosures
This 5-day course is worth 40 CPD hours.
Training Course Content
The course will cover the following key update areas in international financial reporting:
- Introduction to IFRSs
- IFRS standard setting
- Conceptual Framework
- Fair value measurement (IFRS 13)
- Content of IFRS Financial Statements
- Presentation of financial statements (IAS 1)
- Statement of cash flows (IAS 7)
- Accounting policies, changes in accounting estimates and errors (IAS 8)
- Discontinued operations (IFRS 5)
- Events after the reporting period (IAS 10)
- Operating segments (IFRS 8)
- Interim financial reporting (IAS 34)
- Inventories (IAS 2)
- Property, plant & equipment (IAS 16)
- Borrowing costs (IAS 23)
- Intangible assets (IAS 38)
- Investment property (IAS 40)
- Impairment of assets (IAS 36)
- Leases (IFRS 16)
- Employee benefits (IAS 19)
- Provisions, contingent liabilities and contingent assets (IAS 37)
- Financial Instruments
- Financial assets and liabilities, hedging and derivatives (IAS 32, IFRS 9)
- Financial instrument disclosures (IFRS 7)
- Income Taxes
- Income taxes (IAS 12)
- Revenue from contracts with customers (IFRS 15)
- Government Grants
- Accounting for government grants (IAS 20)
- Foreign Currency Issues
- The effects of changes in foreign exchange rates (IAS 21)
- Business Combinations and Interests in Other Entities
- Business combinations (IFRS 3)
- Consolidated financial statements (IFRS 10)
- Investments in associates and joint ventures (IAS 28)
- Joint arrangements (IFRS 11)
Why choose IASeminars
We've trained over 18,000 participants since 2002.
50% of our business comes from returning clients.
We offer both instructor-led and self-study courses, with instructor-led training being delivered over Zoom during the pandemic.
The cost of this training course is £4,200 + VAT for UK events, $5,750 for US events and $3,750 for events in Africa.
In House Training
In addition to the scheduled dates and locations, IASeminars can also run this course as in house training, to meet the specific requirements of your team. Contact them here to request a customised training solution for your team.
IASeminars Offer Client Focus Training Solutions
Whatever your requirements are for training in international accounting, you can be assured that IASeminars are ready to deliver. Offering topics such as IFRS, US GAAP, IPSAS, Management Accounting and Banking Regulation we are passionate about helping you progress your...
Average rating 4.5Based on 31 reviews.
Find out more about this IFRS Fundamentals - Comprehensive Workshop (5 days) course - simply fill out your details:
Corporate Training for Teams
Corporate Training for Teams